arunk
Re: Cannot write to mainfile.php
  • 2004/5/11 3:20

• arunk

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/11/9

I am doing a fresh installation of XOOPS for a new website I'm working on, and I keep on getting this error "mainfile.php is writeable by the server. "

I'm using SmartFTP, and I changed the file permission to 444, but for some reason it doesn't hold it.. It automatically changes back to 644 automatically.

Would it work if I use a different ftp client?

I've installed XOOPS before several times before without any major problesm.

bkudrle
  • 2004/5/19 19:11

• bkudrle

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/6/28

Yes, I had this problem, but by changing the permissions on the mainfile.php file (under the html directory) to allow it to be writeable by all users, then the installation proceeded.

LordZeus
  • 2004/6/2 8:56

• LordZeus

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/2 8

I'm also facing some problems during setup. im actually setting up XOOPS for my website in a server which has apache. there was no error at the beginning until the page "Checking files and directory permission", there was no green light but only message 'No errors detected." was printed.

anyway that's not the major problem yet, after i click next, error message show below appear above the general config page:

*Warning: main(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(../mainfile.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (.) in /mnt/vol1/homes/johnlu/artitrade.com.my/install/index.php on line 198

*Warning: main(../mainfile.php): failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /mnt/vol1/homes/johnlu/artitrade.com.my/install/index.php on line 198

*Warning: main(): Failed opening '../mainfile.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:') in /mnt/vol1/homes/johnlu/artitrade.com.my/install/index.php on line 198

well this doesn't bother me at all...in fact after i've clicked twice on next (suppose to be saving config data), message "Could not write into mainfile.php. Please check the file permission and try again." was printed. and there was a warning printed above the template:

*Warning: copy(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(../mainfile.dist.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (.) in /mnt/vol1/homes/johnlu/artitrade.com.my/install/class/mainfilemanager.php on line 52

i've set the chmod for mainfile.php to 666;
/cache, /template_c and /upload to 777, but still cant save the config data. so what else can i do to make it happen? i would greatly appreciate all advices. thanks

Login

Who's Online

134 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 134

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits