brash
Re: Report about the newbb
  • 2004/3/31 23:19

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

I'm very excited about the work your doing here Predator! Keep up the fantastic work!!!

jctsup1
  • 2004/4/1 0:07

• jctsup1

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/5/23

Predator-

I am also very excited about some of the upcoming features --- I am hoping that you will be able to help those of us that run XOOPS on an IIS platform. I won't repost the issue entirely here but it is detailed on this thread https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=16626&forum=21#forumpost69929

Bottom line is that people using IIS & XOOPS have an issue with logging into the forums properly. It always redirects users to /modules/newbb/ instead of redirecting the user to the proper thread.

GOwin
  • 2004/4/1 0:26

• GOwin

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/5/2 9

wow! that's almost a total overhaul of the newbb.

features looks good, and it seems that the functions of the hacks that are being circulated around is being finally integrated into the core.

PS
would it be nice if we stop calling this as "newbb"? following the naming convention for xoops, i think we ought to re-christen it to xBB.

(or is that name taken already )

PPS
since this won't be out for the meantime, can anyone help me with my newbb pro problem here. TIA

Anonymous
  • 2004/4/1 0:58

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
Edited: seeing words about converters...IPBM to newbb would be great.

With this I mean both

Quote:
and hope it'll be possible to show attached images in thumbnails (with size configured by admin) instead of the full real size.

Showing attached images directly works well, the next step is to resize.

The XoopsCode is also expand, means now there come:

1. Input Url
2. Position ( L R C )
3. Width

and some more expanding....

brash
  • 2004/4/1 0:58

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

Hi Predator (or any core devs),

I would also like to add my support to jctsup1's request on getting this bug fixed for IIS based systems. I run Windows 2003 with IIS 6 and also get the same "ERROR: Forum not selected!" error, in the same cirsumstances as discribed in the thread above that jctsup1 linked to.

This bug is both common to only IIS and it is replicable, and I really think it would be great to give this bug the flick.

The "ERROR: Forum not selected!" text is located on line 95 of the main.php file in the language\english directory of the NewBB module, and is defined as _MD_ERRORFORUM .
This _MD_ERRORFORUM is then found in a total 8 files which are:

1) newbb\delete.php on line 42

2) newbb\edit.php on line 37

3) newbb\newtopic.php on line 38

4) newbb\post.php on line 38

5) newbb\reply.php on line 37

6) newbb\viewforum.php on line 36

7) newbb\viewtopic.php on line 36

8) newbb\language\english\main.php on line 95

I'm no coder but I would put my money on their being a bug between XOOPS and IIS somewhere in files listed above as 6 or 7. In particular I think the $HTTP_GET_VARS variable at the top of viewtopic.php is not being set, or being set incorrectly for whatever reason.

This is about as far as my skills of being able to track back PHP goes, and from here will need a real PHP coder to find out why this is happening.

*EDIT*
--------

Sorry for hijacking your thread Predator, but this has been an ongoing bug that I've been unable to squash since I started using XOOPS over a year ago. Finding somone savvy with the NewBB code is a rare treat, and I couldn't help myself but throw the topic up, especially after it jctsup brought it up. I'll move the contents of this post to the bug report section.

Lance_
  • 2004/4/1 1:03

• Lance_

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/1/12

Request please:

For the Private Forum.
Is it possible to have the choice to make it invisible or not?
I have some forums that need to be hidden and others I want people to know exist but simply cannot acess.

Thanks.

This new newbb is something I need, I just switched from a very good asp forum to XOOPS for the cms aspect lacking in my other product. Cheers.

Anonymous
  • 2004/4/1 1:22

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:

jctsup1 wrote:
Predator-

I am also very excited about some of the upcoming features --- I am hoping that you will be able to help those of us that run XOOPS on an IIS platform. I won't repost the issue entirely here but it is detailed on this thread https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=16626&forum=21#forumpost69929

Bottom line is that people using IIS & XOOPS have an issue with logging into the forums properly. It always redirects users to /modules/newbb/ instead of redirecting the user to the proper thread.

Upps, didn`t saw this.

Guess the reason is the way the variable $forum goes, after login the value of $forum goes into the nirwana, that gives you a

Quote:
ERROR: Forum not selected!

Will check why this will happens only to IIS...

brash
  • 2004/4/1 1:32

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

Thanks Predator,

This bugfix will have a LOT of IIS users very happy. Be sure to give me a yell if you need/want someone to test any fixes you make, I'll be more than happy to help out where I can with this one .

Anonymous
  • 2004/4/1 1:35

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
For the Private Forum.
Is it possible to have the choice to make it invisible or not?
I have some forums that need to be hidden and others I want people to know exist but simply cannot acess.

Groups which are only added to this Forum can see the Forum ( if you give them write access they can post )
Groups which are not added can`t see the the Forum and the Category.

I´m working on a new Permission system, with access Level by Groups and also by single User..

jctsup1
  • 2004/4/1 1:37

• jctsup1

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/5/23

Predator -

Just to give you a little more info --- this error is reproducable on servers running IIS 4, 5, 5.1 & 6. I am using PHP 4.3.3 and MySQL 4.017 with the latest & greatest version of Xoops.

We have an test environment that matches our production site in every detail so if you want / need someplace to test changes, please feel free to let either Brashquido or myself know & we'll provide you with whatever assistance we can.

Login

Who's Online

189 user(s) are online (138 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 189

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits