Alan-A
Re: Themes diffferent in IE 5 and 6
  • 2004/4/22 11:22

• Alan-A

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/2/17

Quote:

harlis wrote:
But how can I can test it on my PC, because I only have 1 IE (IE 6).

Hi,

the cheapest way to get different IE versions on one machine is to make it dual boot - that is, to make a second installation of your windows operating system in parallel with your original one.

To do this you need to have a free partition on your machine. You should have no great problems if you're using NT, Win2k, or XP.
However, I'm not sure if you need a seperate boot manager if your'e using Win9x or ME or if there are registration problems if your'e using XP. And I don't know if it's possible to install IE5 or 5.5 under XP.

The second operating system need not be in a large partition - after all you need only windows and IE and so you shouldn't need to buy a new disc drive.

You should have no problems finding a free partition manager tool in the internet to create the new partition. But first of all make a proper (bootable) backup of your OS partition. (At this point the advantages of having your os and data in seperate partitions should be clear (your OS backup is smaller and you can reistall it without overwriting your data). Oh, and don't forget to relocate data such as your bookmarks, mail and address files (yes, I've managed to forget them - and then it was too late...).)
Once again, you should have no problems in finding a free backup tool in internet.

You can find more detailed help about making a dual-boot machine on Microsofts Web-Site.

Good luck,

Alan

Dave_L
  • 2004/4/22 11:29

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

It's also a good idea to make sure your HTML & CSS validates:

W3C MarkUp Validation
W3C CSS Validation

harlis
  • 2004/4/25 7:29

• harlis

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/24

Quote:

Dave_L wrote:
It's also a good idea to make sure your HTML & CSS validates:

W3C MarkUp Validation
W3C CSS Validation

Thank you Dave_L
It's really what I need. At least, I found a software (TopStyle Pro) that can make a CSS check over a variety of Browsers.

Login

Who's Online

184 user(s) are online (126 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 184

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits