Brad
Re: Can generated authentication graphics be added to the Registration process?
  • 2004/3/3 16:50

• Brad

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/12/4

In phpBB's register screen they have the following text before the authentication graphics:

Quote:
If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise read this code please contact the Administrator for help.

Further, in the documentation that indicates how to enable/install this mod for phpBB it says:

Quote:
To get the best from this Mod you should be running PHP4 and have the zlib module installed and loaded. It is quite common for zlib to be installed by default. If you are unsure whether it is please check with your hosting provider or review the output of phpinfo();. This Mod does not require GD, Imagemagick, NetPBM or any other module or utility. If you do not have zlib available the Mod will fall-back to a simpler output method. However this will still deter the majority of would be trouble makers.

I think doing something very similar would be one of the best ways to proceed.

Resized Image

fishspon
  • 2004/3/3 18:04

• fishspon

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/11/23

that's *exactly* what i was looking to implement on my XOOPS site

Also, where did you get this mod for phpBB? I simply cannot find it on the phpBB site...

Brad
  • 2004/3/3 19:03

• Brad

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/12/4

It comes as part of the default distribution, in the "contrib" directory.

I'm currently seeing if I can successfully port it over to Xoops. If I am successful, I'll get in contact with the peeps at phpBB and see if they'll allow me to redistribute it.

dreamgear
  • 2004/3/3 19:38

• dreamgear

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/7/18

I have verified that V1.05 of e-xoops has (had?) this feature. The graphic wasn't very sophisticated.. it didn't have the "stagger" effect shown below.

e-xoops.com seems to be broken at the moment. If anyone's really interested I have a tarball from March '03.

I have a customer still running that code.. They're getting a free upgrade to XOOPS 2.0.6 this month.

Login

Who's Online

217 user(s) are online (147 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 217

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits