disky
Re: How to use Spaw within your modules. Examples
  • 2004/1/4 11:28

• disky

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/31

Thanks svaha nice posting (on the linked site) :)

svaha
  • 2004/1/5 0:14

• svaha

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/8/2 2

When you want to make an anchor in the spaw editor, you must save the text in 'HTML' mode, if you save in the 'design' mode, the url of your site will be added and you are redirected to the editing of the article.
I don't know if this is a bug or just a program being too helpfull (a feature)

Aloha

EDIT :
I also noted that tables had a lot of space, but only above the table. I played around for some time and found that when I put all the table instructions (like tr/td/table) on ONE line in HTML mode then the space is gone.
You can see the difference, I made two tables here

Bazus
  • 2004/1/5 6:33

• Bazus

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/9/23

I've installed spaw and it works fine in the admin->news-->post/edit news

but it shows only in the 'extended text'... it doesn't show in the 'intro text'.

Also, and this is very important, I would like to make it work for a regular 'submit news' in the main menu. what file do I edit, I try placing the 2 lines ($spaw_root = XOOPS_ROOT_PATH . '/modules/spaw/';
include_once $spaw_root . 'spaw_control.class.php';)
at top of the file submit.php in /modules/news but it didnt work.

Also how do I change the spawn to fit the width of my site, I have only 600 maximum to fit any news.

help would be appreciated.

morris
  • 2004/1/5 8:09

• morris

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/9/25

Catzwolf,

Chapi's News Wysiwyg Patch solved the problem with the emty space between some text and tables. In your module this situation is still there. Perhaps you can discuss this issue with Chapi?

Futher I think that also smilies could be added to the toolbars. I succeeded to change the "pagebreak" button to add to the text. If I can create more buttons like pagebreak and let the button show the icon than smilies are also possible. Now I have to find the time to do it!

Morris.

svaha
  • 2004/1/5 10:21

• svaha

• Just can't stay away

Hi Morris, concerning the space between tables, look at the edited post of me above
Aloha

morris
  • 2004/1/5 11:05

• morris

• Just popping in

Svaha,

Chapi's patch is handling this without any extra handling for me. So I prefer his patch. I played around with the Catzwolf editor and mixed things with Chapi's editor. Now I have more buttons that with Chapi's patch but I also removed a few which I don't like or use (new story, refresh).

Btw, as far as I remember, Chapi's table trick is in the xoopsstory.php in class directory (this file in included in the download). Unfortunately, this trick is not working with Catzwolf module.

Morris

Catzwolf
  • 2004/1/5 11:55

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

@Morris:

You problem has nothing to do with thw spaw editor here what so ever. If you notice that Chapi's version modifies core files to correct this problem and rightly so.

Most of the core modules do not use $myts correctly in that linebreaks are converted in html always, so this means that when you save more than once more linebreaks are converted to < br / >'s and this is where the problem is.

There is no way I could modify every part of the core to work with this version of spaw for every module.

morris
  • 2004/1/5 14:30

• morris

• Just popping in

Catzwolf,

First, I highly appreciate what you and the whole XOOPS development team is doing to create an extremelty good CMS.

Second, I don't really understand what you are saying with this: If you notice that Chapi's version modifies core files to correct this problem and rightly so.
What does "rightly so" mean? (I'm dutch!)

The main reason why I mentioned Chapi's patch is to tell people that Chapi's module is working perfectly for news messages. So if one would only use the wysiwyg editor for news stories (the only module I really use) than Chapi's patch is more than enough and eassier to install.

Third, If I want to change the forum's default editor to Spaw, which file do I have to change?

Thanks!

Morris.

Catzwolf
  • 2004/1/5 19:38

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Quote:

morris wrote:

First, I highly appreciate what you and the whole XOOPS development team is doing to create an extremelty good CMS.

Thank-You from everyone on the core team and who work with XOOPS

Quote:

Second, I don't really understand what you are saying with this: If you notice that Chapi's version modifies core files to correct this problem and rightly so.
What does "rightly so" mean? (I'm dutch!)

Chapi had released the updated News module with the spaw editor as an addition to it. Chapi had to change the core code to allow for these changes or it would not have worked as it should.

The problem is not the editor but in the way that the news module handles the data before saving to the database. All data if filtered throu the textsanitizer class and the problem is that the current news module converts linebreaks with all the data and this breaks the HTML (ie adds more breaks to the code everytime you save/update the news story).

What chapi has done was to change the news module core code to correct this by not using the function that converts the linebreaks during the save.

He was right to change the code to allow for this.

Quote:

The main reason why I mentioned Chapi's patch is to tell people that Chapi's module is working perfectly for news messages. So if one would only use the wysiwyg editor for news stories (the only module I really use) than Chapi's patch is more than enough and eassier to install.

Most of this I have answered above. The main difference here is that the spaw module is a module on its own and will require you to get it to work with other modules and thus making it more flexable in that you can use it with any module. I agree, that this is not the option I would like, but as this module is not core there was no way I was going to change many lines of code in all the modules.

Quote:

Third, If I want to change the forum's default editor to Spaw, which file do I have to change?

I would advise against using this editor for the forums, using spaw for your admin side is ok but to give users the ability to post via this method will open up your website to possible security issues. So therefore I am reluctant to give out this information at this time.

svaha
  • 2004/1/5 20:00

• svaha

• Just can't stay away

Quote:
When you want to make an anchor in the spaw editor, you must save the text in 'HTML' mode, if you save in the 'design' mode, the url of your site will be added and you are redirected to the editing of the article.

Question ; Is this also caused by the way XOOPS treats/filters text or is there another cause?

Aloha

Login

Who's Online

231 user(s) are online (148 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 231

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits