script_fu
Re: functional shopping cart script with wfsections

http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

You will need JavaVm to install the paypal package.

script_fu

bn=online-store.co.uk

What does this line do in the code once installed on the website and running?

CBlue

I did have a wonderful Christmas, JackJ! I hope your's was wonderful too!

JackJ
  • 2003/12/29 2:35

• JackJ

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/8/31

script_fu

bn=online-store.co.uk

I don't know, but the script still works without it. They belong to the paypal developer network, so perhaps its something to do with that.

Thats great CBlue, yes, I am off till 5th Jan, so too much time on my hands, and thinking about the meaning of life etc..:)

script_fu

Thanks and that makes sence to me...

pstrasma
Re: This is a shopping cart script functional with wfsections
  • 2003/12/29 5:11

• pstrasma

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/23

Great to see your implementation JackJ. After looking at your script, I made a few tweaks to my prior implementation and solved the strange window.open script behavior. Sample cart here, no longer requiring an IFRAME.

For a simple alternative paypal cart, just create a form with the following script:
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE=JAVASCRIPT TYPE="TEXT/JAVASCRIPT">
function 
openWin() {
l=(screen.width-525)/2
t
=(screen.height-300)/2
a
=window.open('','paypal','width=525,height=300,left='+l+',top='+t);
}
</
SCRIPT>

<
form target="paypal" action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post" onSubmit="paypal=openWin();paypal.focus();">

<
input type="image" src="https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/x-click-but22.gif" border="0" name="submit" alt="Submit via PayPal" align="texttop" width="87" height="23">https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/x-click-but22.gif"</a>
border="0" name="submit" alt="Submit via PayPal"
align="texttop" width="87" height="23">
<
input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_cart">
<
input type="hidden" name="business" value="YOUREMAILHERE@DOMAIN">
<
input type="hidden" name="item_name" value="ITEM NAME">
<
input type="hidden" name="amount" value="PRICE">

</
FORM>

You can add a few more hidden inputs to document item options, currency, etc... There are also more buttons and a similar View Cart form available with full details at the PayPal merchant web cart site. I recommend you download the PDF manual and code your own forms as these offer many more options than their online HTML creation tool. It can be helpful to see some system-generated examples though.

JackJ
  • 2003/12/29 5:37

• JackJ

Glad it helped you to a final solution. It was trying to assist you with your problem that started me off on this track as you may have guessed.

Thanks for that, I will take that on board.

This script also allows designers free range in HTML. I have worked a bit with PHP shop scripts which are very good, but they are often hard to customise in general for non PHP coders. (although that experience did leave me with enough surplus buttons to start my own button business)

Payment gateways are always a challenge, and this one I am looking at also has all the main payment gateways implemented over and above Paypal. I am looking into the bigger package as well.

And of course a big thanks to catswolf for wfsections

Yes the pdf at paypal makes a good bedtime read..:)

many thanks, and a happy New year when it comes

Wingz
  • 2003/12/29 7:39

• Wingz

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/8/23

JackJ! Excellent concept.

Question. Could this be made into a stand-alone module for those who don't use WFS?

JackJ
  • 2003/12/29 8:41

• JackJ

Hello Wingz,

I am not a php coder.

OScommerce as you may be aware has already been ported to Xoops.

I do have a little hashed framebrowser module for download at my site which would wrap the standalone output in a frame.

The great thing about XOOPS is it has been built in such a way with its blocks/custom blocks and wrappers, that many other web applications can be built around it.

I do realise the advantages of having modules, and this bit is not in your question. If we web-builders like making things, and we don't know PHP, we are totally dependant on module-makers to come up with the goods. To me this restricts our creative enjoyment and production. That is one reason I like to look for other non-module alternatives. The way XOOPS has been built makes this possible.

Sorry I cant help on the module side, but someone else may pick up your question..

regards

CBlue

I like non-module alternatives too, JackJ! I think I have alot of modules already and it's nice to learn how to do things without having to wait for someone to create a module that does it. Plus, I love to see the new ideas you come up with!

Login

Who's Online

231 user(s) are online (156 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 231

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits