Per4orm
Re: How to make xoops2 more faster?
  • 2003/11/26 22:27

• Per4orm

• Documentation Writer

• Since: 2003/11/14

You don't have any speed issues there - loaded almost instantly for me, and I'm only running 512k.

mvandam
  • 2003/11/26 22:49

• mvandam

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/2/7 2

Quote:

You have to remember that the banners, and the left and right blocks all use SQL querries and take time to render, but this is the price you pay for power.

I think this is an important point... XOOPS will definitely be a *little* slower because each page does offer a lot more information. You can minimize this by not using too many blocks on your pages. Of course you should also follow common practices to keep sites fast such as not having large complex images, and for custom blocks use minimal javascript, and avoid flash and java applets unless necessary.

skalpa
  • 2003/11/27 1:55

• skalpa

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/4/16

I also agree with per4form.
And for the power it gives, XOOPS is quite fast. I look at other CMS sometimes, and some of them process more than 100 queries for each page

We're looking forward to enhance this further, but the thing I'd advise to people really concerned about speed would be to host their site on a server which has the Zend optimizer installed (or an equivalent software).
Xoops 2 contains the Smarty engine which is by itself a quite big php class, and this kind of php level cache engines really speed up such applications.

Skalpa.>

Login

Who's Online

277 user(s) are online (185 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 277

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits