geofox
System buttons
  • 2005/1/29 2:36

• geofox

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/29

Hi,

My website work perfectly EXCEPT one thing :

When I reach the Admin Pages, I see all my modules buttons on the left side but, for some reasons, the System Buttons disappear.

I can access functions by typinghttp://www.site.com/modules/system/admin.php?fct=preferences, for example, but it's not easy

I've del templates_c, caches, ... but it doesn't work...

Could you help me ??? Pleaaaaaaase !

Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english !

Geoffrey

Burnzy
Re: System buttons
  • 2005/1/29 2:57

• Burnzy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/23

ur only suppost to delete installing folder. If you delete templates_c and cache... u will be f*****d

geofox
  • 2005/1/29 3:09

• geofox

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/29

So, what should I do ?

kiwiguy
  • 2005/1/29 3:20

• kiwiguy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/4/19

Quote:

Burnzy wrote:
ur only suppost to delete installing folder. If you delete templates_c and cache... u will be f*****d

Thats not entirely true statement!!

geofox did you actually delete the templates_c and cache folder???

If you have only deleted the files inside those said folders they should all just simply regenerate themselves once you start accessing the site.

Even if you have deleted the folders just simply recreate the folders make sure there chmodded to 777 and they all will regenerate themselves as soon as anybody clicks on your site

Hope this helps
kiwiguy

Burnzy
  • 2005/1/29 3:26

• Burnzy

• Just popping in

well i was gonna say just do it over cuz restarting always does the best way to me... but just re-create the folders and make them as 777 as said above.
Make sure u have all the folders shown in ur ftp that came with xoops. All you need to delete is installation and after u install, make mainfile.php back to 666

Beejay
  • 2005/1/29 3:39

• Beejay

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/6/5 2

Just go to:

http://yoursite.com/modules/system/admin.php?fct=groups&op=modify&g_id=1

and click all system admin rights

kiwiguy
  • 2005/1/29 3:40

• kiwiguy

• Friend of XOOPS

Quote:
Make sure u have all the folders shown in ur ftp that came with xoops. All you need to delete is installation and after u install, make mainfile.php back to 666

Thats not true if you have already installed XOOPS then if you try to install AGAIN it will not be able to create the database as the database already exists.

Simply re make the template_c and cache folders chmod them to 777 then your ready to go. Oh and mainfile.php is to be chmodded 444 NOT 666 it cannot be writable at all

kiwiguy

Burnzy
  • 2005/1/29 3:54

• Burnzy

• Just popping in

i never said keep the database... i said re-install. I implied that you would... at least i always do.

If you do re-install, u can use the same database but u would need to just change the prefix to like xoops101_ or sutmhing

kiwiguy
  • 2005/1/29 3:58

• kiwiguy

• Friend of XOOPS

Now why would he want to re install???? .. Dam man my site is over 1 gig if i had a simple problem like that I would not even contemplate re installing. You and me do not even know the size of his site or if its just a fresh install if it is fine start again but if not why start again

If he has a developed site already it be just pointless..

And burnzy is this a race LOL I BEAT YOU NOW HAHAHA

regards
kiwiguy

Beejay
  • 2005/1/29 4:11

• Beejay

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/6/5 2

If the system admin button isn't there in the admin section then it just means you havn't ticked "System Admin rights". Just go to my link before and tick them all, your system button with links to "Preferences", "ranks" will then show. You do NOT have to reinstall.

Login

Who's Online

150 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 150

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits