zachs
database server needed.
  • 2004/8/1 21:30

• zachs

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/1 2

I know that you say the requirement is mySql, however, I wanted to know if XOOPS would work with Microsoft SQL Server? I have that running for a lot of ASP pages and am thinking of createing a site utilizing Xoops. I really do not want to try and add a second database server to my Win2k3 server. Please help. If you have done this let me know. If there is a hack to make it work please tell me that too.

Thanks,

Zachs.

brash
Re: database server needed.
  • 2004/8/1 22:57

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

I have no doubt it *could* be done with some work. However, there was a very diliberate move to support MySQL by the XOOPS developers as (a) it open source and free to use, and (b) it can be used on just about any platform, where as MS SQL is limited to Microsoft platforms. If the changes aren't too great you might be able to get someone to make some changes for you for a price, but by doing that you will also complicate you upgrade path. In reality I would say you'd be better off setting up a second box.

jmass
Re: database server needed.
  • 2004/8/1 23:26

• jmass

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/18

Database independance is the only flaw I have found in Xoops!

I would not waste my independance on Micro$soft.... but I would like to have the choice.

JMass

Login

Who's Online

493 user(s) are online (53 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 493

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits