anlace
How Do I Deny Read Access to Anonymous Viewers While Keeping Topics Visible?
  • 2004/8/1 0:45

• anlace

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/27

I'm back with another question, the good news is I'm almost finished with this beast.

One last thing . . . . how do I deny read access to anonymous viewers while keeping news topics visible with News 1.2 module? The idea is to give them a tidbit so they'll want to subscribe. I thought that I had this set up right at one point but it's not working this way now.

As usual I will worship the ground you walk on if you help me (eek I've been sitting here too long).

Thanks,
Gail

irmtfan
Re: How Do I Deny Read Access to Anonymous Viewers While Keeping Topics Visible?
  • 2004/8/1 3:31

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

in admin news general configuration check "Restrict Topics on Index Page" and set it on yes if you want users cant see the topic in index page.then go to "Submit/Approve Permissions " and set viewable topics for anon.

anlace
Re: How Do I Deny Read Access to Anonymous Viewers While Keeping Topics Visible?
  • 2004/8/1 18:31

• anlace

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/27

Thank you for your reply but this did not answer my question.

How Do I Deny Read Access to Anonymous Viewers While Keeping Topics Visible?

I want anonymous viewers to see the all the Topics with "The Scoop" (or article synopsis) and when they click on "read more" they will get a message that says they don't have permission to access the article.

Your solution gives the anonymous reader the ability to read articles on whatever topics I give them permission to read. This is not the same thing.

Maybe it's not possible to do what I want to do with the News module.

Peace,
Gail

Added Later:
Problem solved! I changed the option News > Preferences > Restrict Topics on Index Page? from Yes to No and now it works exactly as I wanted it to.

Login

Who's Online

429 user(s) are online (64 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 429

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits