Apek81
Why there is no functioning shoutbox module for xoops??
  • 2004/7/31 7:08

• Apek81

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/6/28

actually i was a user of e-xoops or now has been known as runcms. but i fall in love with XOOPS due to its active development by its members and its cool modules.

now i'm really a XOOPS lover. but one thing that still give me a headache is i still dont have a fully functional shoutbox module for xoops. i use the latest xoops. i downloaded all shoutbox module available for XOOPS such as from alphalogic,xoops dev websites and others but they all broke. does anyone here can develop or has the functioning shoutbox??

please..i really need shoutbox...all my friends love to use shoutbox..i hope XOOPS has this module, because if XOOPS do, then i think no other CMS can beat it.

Apek81
Re: Why there is no functioning shoutbox module for xoops??
  • 2004/7/31 7:51

• Apek81

• Just popping in

help..anyone?

wizanda
  • 2004/7/31 8:36

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

There is one i use it on my site and works fine if the one here on xoops.org dosent work try the one off http://sourceforge.net/search 4 XOOPS then go modules and there is 100s of modules
good luck

Apek81
  • 2004/7/31 9:05

• Apek81

• Just popping in

haha..funny...i already test the module..
the module in the site u said is from the alphalogic...
anyone else???

pdaddict
  • 2004/7/31 9:28

• pdaddict

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/6 1

https://xoops.org/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?cid=18&lid=239
Quote:
Don't forget to CHMOD 777 the shoutbox.cvs file.

You also need safe_mode off

https://xoops.org/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?cid=24&lid=575
This one is probably based on the first one. -> safe_mode off required.

metropolis
  • 2004/7/31 10:24

• metropolis

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/7/15

I use the shoutbox from alphalogic (shoutbox 4.0 alpha, this is not the one here from the downloads section (that maybe works with XOOPS 1, but not with XOOPS 2) but an alpha version that works with XOOPS 2+.

Still it's ugly (at least in the default theme) and you have to refresh the shoutbox yourself after posting a shout. It's unfortunately not, what a real shoutbox should look like.

After changing my attitude from PostNuke to Xoops, and first being very enthusiastic about Xoops, I painfully found out, that XOOPS - concerning offical modules - has the same problems or drawbacks as PostNuke: The lack of professional official modules (guestbook, calendar, content management, shoutbox).

Apek81
  • 2004/7/31 11:48

• Apek81

• Just popping in

Quote:

metropolis wrote:
I painfully found out, that XOOPS - concerning offical modules - has the same problems or drawbacks as PostNuke: The lack of professional official modules (guestbook, calendar, content management, shoutbox).

u wrong..for guestbook there are some such as xtremguestbook and narga guestbook,we have the superb eCal 2.24 for calendar, and XOOPS itself is very great at content management....i just can agree on you at shoutbox...until now,there is no shoutbox for xoops...even for 2.0.7...what a sad...

pdaddict
  • 2004/7/31 13:20

• pdaddict

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/6 1

Quote:
that maybe works with XOOPS 1, but not with XOOPS 2

1) The shoutboxes in my previous post ARE for xoops2. You see the shoutbox on this page? That's the first one of the 2 listed.
2) The alphalogic shoutbox is for E-Xoops, not for Xoops2

Apek81
  • 2004/7/31 13:34

• Apek81

• Just popping in

FYI, i also download shoutbox from the Dutch XOOPS Support, but sadly,it still the same...a lot of malfunctions...cannot click the smiles...broken autorefresh...and the list goes on..

Mithrandir

Why is a shoutbox so important that you consider it a vital module on your site? Personally I could name several others before even considering it.

The demand for it has not been great enough for someone to write one which works with safe mode on, so that's why

Login

Who's Online

173 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 173

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits