martyboy
randomquotes module, simple prob..i think
  • 2004/7/28 18:49

• martyboy

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/25

Hi, I just installed the randomqoute module, put in some qoutes and made the block visible. but when i viewed it on the page the text was white on a whit background so the text didnt show up, but it was there because I could select it.

Anyway I went blocks admin and clicked edit template for that block and found the following code
<div class="xoopsQuote"><{$block.texto}><br/><strong><em><{$block.autor}></em></strong></div>

So in order to get the text to show up as black i changed it to the following
<div class="xoopsQuote"><font color="#000000"><{$block.texto}></font><br/><font color="#696969"><strong><em><{$block.autor}></em></strong></font></div>

Ithen clicked view and it came up as it should black text and authors name in darkgrey.

I then went to preferences and updated the html templates thing but back on the homepage the text is still white and the template code hadnt changed, so I changed teh actual html file and uploaded it into the randomquotes directory, but still no change.

I think my html code is correct so im not sure whats going wrong, anybody got any ideas?

Also in blocks admin.edit template there is no submit button only a view button..this was my first time at editing a template, is this right? how do you submit the changed template code?

ANy help would be great thanks.

koertzen
Re: randomquotes module, simple prob..i think
  • 2004/7/28 18:58

• koertzen

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/22

It's really not good practice to update any type of color within a template. This is one of my biggest beefs with a lot of module developers. ALL colors should be modified via the CSS file. Your key is the class="xoopsQuote". Find this in your CSS file, and you'll find the errant color code.

martyboy
Re: randomquotes module, simple prob..i think
  • 2004/7/28 19:44

• martyboy

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/25

Ah, I never even thought to look in the CSS, thanks very much, I will remmebr this for next time a similar problem occurs.

Thanks again

Login

Who's Online

181 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 181

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits