tom
Re: web Mail
  • 2004/7/28 17:49

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/21

I never knew that, thanks for the info, a very interesting read, I concur his work is excellent, and it would be great to see this on XOOPS too (theme), They are aware of Xoops, I mentioned it enough either on the forums or through support, lol

jmass
  • 2004/7/28 18:42

• jmass

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/18

This is a squirel mail type solution right?

I would be interested in seeing how good the integration with the XOOPS DB is. I currently use a completly seperate solution and manually sync the user accounts. This requires a lot of work on my end, and double sign on!

I was planning on going with an LDAP authentication solution, but am hesitant to manually hack the core.

I will check it out.

JMass

koertzen
  • 2004/7/28 18:45

• koertzen

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/22

JMass,

Note that it depends on what you are looking for. sqMail (the SquirrelMail hack for Xoops) is free. HiveMail will cost you for a license. It's really cheap considering what you get, but if you're looking for a "no-cost solution" you'll need to consider a further hack of sqMail for synching instead.

tom
  • 2004/7/28 21:39

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/21

Quote:
This is a squirel mail type solution right?

No, it's a MSN type thing, where you can offer your members free/subscribed/paid E-mail, with many features like spell checkers, mail box size, pop access, spam assasin, etc, etc.

So a little different, it would be like Xoops.org allow users to have a free E-mail xoopsuser@xoops.org

Hope this explains.

Login

Who's Online

214 user(s) are online (131 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 214

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits