drzonic
web Mail
  • 2004/6/24 15:35

• drzonic

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/4

Hey,

Is the a module out there so that I can offer my users their own email account, something like hotmail or yahoo?

It would be very useful!

Dr Z

royco
Re: web Mail
  • 2004/6/24 17:12

• royco

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/9 7

If you are looking for a webmail client, here's aversion of Squirrel mail ported to xoops.

Check out this thread, they have some discussion about some black pages. I think it was the language files that are missing( english i believe).I tried it out myself, its working ok but havent tested it much.

Thread here

u can get the file here

Sqmail 1.4.1 here

hope that helps

tl
  • 2004/6/24 17:19

• tl

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/6/23

Quote:

web Mail
Hey,

Is the a module out there so that I can offer my users their own email account, something like hotmail or yahoo?

It would be very useful!

Dr Z

There is no such a module. You may want to think about other ways attracting and retaining users.

Even there were such a module, it would be a nightmare to manage user accounts - spam control, server needs, many others ...

drzonic
  • 2004/7/24 17:00

• drzonic

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/4

I now agree with you comment! I'm finding the best way to attract/retain users is by having good content and it's working! seehttp://cpu.ie

We do need a module that will accept video, very similar to MyAlbum, in fact if that handled video files we'd be sorted!

Dr Z

tom
  • 2004/7/24 18:56

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/21

Theres no modules as such, however there is a webmail program, it does cost from them, and I have a full intergration into the XOOPS user DB, along with blocks, this means members of XOOPS site gets E-mail, members of E-mail gets XOOPS account.

Account is not active on both sites, until you log in, however no one else can use your username.

Resized Image

Click here for Hivemail

Or here

Pm me if you wish for more details about my intergration (Please note it does make hacks to the XOOPS core files)

JMorris
  • 2004/7/24 19:07

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Dr Z,

Just thought you'd like to know that your site is not displaying properly in GRE based browsers. The text content is overlapping and the main body is left of center and lower than displayed in IE.

Tested Browsers:
Mozilla 1.7
Netscape 7.1
Firefox 0.9.2

Your site displays perfectly in Internet Explorer 6, but with the recent security vulnerabilities found in that browser [that antivirus software and firewalls cannot stop], many people are running away from IE as fast as they can.

Unless you want to run the risk of alienating potential visitors, I'd recommend taking a look at your html/css coding and standardize it.

Just a suggestion.

Best Regards,

JM

tom
  • 2004/7/27 23:47

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

drZ, for some reason I can no longer see your site, so am unable to comment there.

damaster
  • 2004/7/28 0:33

• damaster

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/11

This Hivemail ergonomics rocks!

xoops webmail...
...some dreams have a cost!

I like people more than machines or money. But that's me!
Lets do something good and great: Lets do open source!

tom
  • 2004/7/28 8:21

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

Damaster, yeah it's a cool program, and so far seems the most stable I've tried.

Works excellent with Xoops, and they complement each other, especially with on duel sign on.

koertzen
  • 2004/7/28 9:18

• koertzen

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/22

By the way, the person who designed the interface for HiveMail, Everaldo Coelho, also did the interface/icons for several linux programs (KDE 3.1, Kopete, KOffice, Kontact, and others) as well as the "Crystal" linux theme.

I'd LOVE to see a theme from him for Xoops!!! His work is fantastic!

http://www.everaldo.com/

You can see the original HiveMail proposal athttp://www.everaldo.com/portfolio.html (under Interface/Icons, click on HiveMail > Preview > Large Image).

Login

Who's Online

205 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 205

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits