Anonymous
No login box! - How can I login?
  • 2004/7/16 21:51

• Anonymous

• Since:

Wow, I can't believe that I'm the only one having this problem! - I looked all through the forum and didn't find anything on it!

I'm taking a hand full of sites over to XOOPS and on 2 of them, my login box disappeared!

one of them, I didn't notice that the login box was gone until after I logged out, which leaves me at a loss on how to get back in and the other one I noticed before I logged out and have since kept myself logged in while I try to fix it.

- I made sure that the block was "on" for all groups and that it was to be displayed on all pages and tried turning it off, then back on and moving the block from left to right etc. without any luck... :(

(Edited post)- I also turned on mysql/blocks debug, and it gave no errors. so ??

Thanks very much for any help!

- Page

Mithrandir
Re: No login box! - How can I login?

go to www.yoursite.com/user.php and login from there (naturally replacing "yoursite.com" with your actual domain)

Anonymous
  • 2004/7/16 22:10

• Anonymous

• Since:

That reply was an instant bolt of lightning!

Thanks Wizard!

(I Love Xoops!!)

msink
  • 2004/7/18 4:44

• msink

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/16

After having to change code in 2 file to install xoops, now I cant login or see anything. index.php, admin.php, and user.php are blank. I had no errors installing.

I went into admin.php and commented out

if ( $xoopsUser ) {
if ( !$xoopsUser->isAdmin() ) {
redirect_header("index.php",2,_AD_NORIGHT);
exit();
}
} else {
redirect_header("index.php",2,_AD_NORIGHT);
exit();
}

This got me to the "This is your first time..." "Press Submit to Continue" from the user or admin page, cant remember which. I never did login.

Nothing has changed, still dont get any login anywhere. I removed the comment marks to return code to normal. Did the above procedure store anything in the database that now needs to be cleared out. Who did it think I was when It said "This is your first time" and what did it do? Anyway... I cant seem to get anywhere with XOOPS w/o changing the code! Why?

Thanks for any help.

Mark

nick89
  • 2004/7/18 9:30

• nick89

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/9 8

i get this problem when the deafult theme has no theme.html file in its directory. Could this apply to you?

Login

Who's Online

139 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 139

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits