jegelstaff
No complete module listing?

Hello,

I was just wondering if someone could confirm for me that there is no single location on the web where all XOOPS modules are listed?

http://dev.xoops.org/ doesn't seem to be a complete listing at all, but I gather that's because it's fairly new and people are still signing on and listing themselves.

The downloads section of www.xoops.org seems fairly complete, but it's organized alphabetically which is pretty useless, frankly, at least for browsing. Great if you already know the module you are looking for.

But the thing is, I don't know the modules I'm looking for. I'm trying to get a handle on what the most useful, key modules are. I gather the WF modules are well liked and used. And No-ah and the Xoopermod look to be excellent tools for module developers.

I recall that the visual introduction to XOOPS includes some info on popular modules, so I'm going to look at that again.

If someone can reply with other good listings of useful and important and popular modules, I'd be very thankful.

Here's some big areas I'm interested in, and some modules I know of, but I'd love to know more:

Database Queries and Reports:
-???
(I really really need a module that will let users generate ad hoc reports against information in the XOOPS database, primarily information that has been entered through other modules, such as a hypothetical activity log form. Reports need to allow for queries against specific criteria, ie: records where age>20, and must also be able to provide summary information about fields, such as averages, totals, counts, and percentage distribution of each unique entry in a field.)

Photo Galleries:
-xcGallery
-xoopsgallery

Form creation:
-Formulaire

Module creation tools:
-Noah
-xoopermod

Downloads:
-built in download tool
-WF-downloads

Bulletin Boards/Forums:
-built in forum tool
-newBB (is this the built in tool?)

General Page Creation:
-WF-Channel

Custom menus:
-???
-in my XOOPS novice-hood, perhaps I'm just unaware of a way to do this in the XOOPS core?

Thanks for reading and for any advice,

--Julian

Login

Who's Online

182 user(s) are online (119 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 182

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits