shaxs
Any Agendax Like calender systems for a standrd site in php? Or port agendax out?
  • 2004/7/16 19:54

• shaxs

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/6/1 2

Any Agendax Like calender systems for a standrd site in php? I am working with my school on a non-profit project and they want to put a calender system up on their department websites. Does anyone know if there is a good, powerful, and attractive calender system that is like agendax that can show day view, week view, month view, and year view? Also, when a new avent is added to the system, it will need to go to a pending stage to be approved by the admin.

Or, how hard would it be to port Agendax to be used with a standard php driven web page?

Mithrandir
Re: Any Agendax Like calender systems for a standrd site in php? Or port agendax out?

If you want a standalone solution, I think WebCalendar (available on sourceforge) is a quite good product.

shaxs
Re: Any Agendax Like calender systems for a standrd site in php? Or port agendax out?
  • 2004/7/17 1:15

• shaxs

• Not too shy to talk

Thank you! I will check it out!

shaxs
  • 2004/7/17 1:20

• shaxs

• Not too shy to talk

not quite what I was looking for. It needs to fit in a small space of about 424px wide. The demo I used for Webcalender didn't resize properly in the browser

ajaxbr
  • 2004/7/17 1:55

• ajaxbr

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/10/25

I wouldn't give up on WebCal just like that, but here a couple more suggestions (stolen from freshmeat.net):
PHP-Calendar
Calendar generation class
phpEventCalendar
Also, take a look at PHP Calendars @ Hotscripts.

Booga
  • 2004/7/17 4:05

• Booga

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/11/29

Quote:

shaxs wrote:
attractive calender system that is like agendax that can show day view, week view, month view, and year view? Also, when a new avent is added to the system, it will need to go to a pending stage to be approved by the admin.

PiCal does just that. I use it as an alternative to AgendaX as I feel it has a lot more fuctionality and is more presentable as in the admin section you can change colours and format. Not sure on porting out tho.......

mikeh
  • 2004/7/17 4:09

• mikeh

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/1/18

am almost sure that when looking at an earlier Agendax it was based on a standalone php calendar application
but last time looked couldnt find any credits , so may be wrong ?

rowdie
  • 2004/7/27 11:36

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/7/21

It was based on EXTcalendar, which is a standalone calendar. There are credits in some of the Agendax files.

The download site for EXTcalendar is here

shaxs
  • 2004/7/29 3:12

• shaxs

• Not too shy to talk

I've decided to go ahead and have one coded from the bottom up. Thanks!

Login

Who's Online

187 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 187

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits