carnuke
XOOGLE stops working ...:-?
  • 2004/7/13 13:52

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Xoogle has suddenly stopped working on my site. So I updated the module and entered a new API key. Still nothing... Any search string using any selection simply takes several seconds before entereing "website not responding" message. I've not done any code changes or module setting changes and no there are certainly less that 1000 searches a day. Rest of the site is fine. Any ideas??

fatman
Re: XOOGLE stops working ...:-?
  • 2004/7/13 15:40

• fatman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/13

I'm not sure what's going on there. I've got the module installed on one site and no issues have been spotted.

"website not responding" message would appear if the google API was not accessible. Google rarely has uptime issues.

Was there any recent changes on your hosts server?

carnuke
  • 2004/7/13 16:52

• carnuke

• Home away from home

This problem has been consitant now for at least 2 weeks. So that kindof rules out server and host issues. I think. Im very puzzled as There has been no changes that Im aware of. I'll install my version on another site and see what happens.

Thanks for your feedback Ryan, Ill keep you posted

carnuke
  • 2004/7/15 8:36

• carnuke

• Home away from home

I'm glad to report that xoogle is now working again on my site. So, what happened? well, it stopped working mysteriously and now its working just as mysteriously. I really don't suspect a problem with the module or the system and I think its more related to the dark innerds of Google API. I wonder if anyone else has found this??

Login

Who's Online

250 user(s) are online (192 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 250

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits