brucewhealto
Uninstalling modules - removing uninstalled modules

I seem to have some modules that didn't upload correctly. I used the same copy of the module that worked fine in one installation but then in another it just doesn't work. When I go to install it there is no icon and there is a message that it is no loaded correctly. Then there are other modules that upon installation I start seeing garbage on the screen. For example if one was to look at a file in a text editor and it wasn't text one would see various characters that are not recognizeable as characters of any language. I get a screen full of such characters and some other garbage. So, if I've installed the module and that is happening then I can't just take it off the server and out of the modules directory, correct? I have to uninstall the module and then remove it from the server. Hopefully that will do it. I just don't see an uninstall option. If there is something else I need to do to clean up the display please let me know. I did check with the technical support for my web hosting service and they seem to have determined that the installation of XOOPS is good and the latest stable installation. talk about frustrating! To have a site that did look good suddenly become such a mess. The whole top of the screen area is filled with these garbage characters... and something about Flash MX 2004 Schemas, why I'm seeing that I don't know! I mean is there some Flash designed into the some modules that do not seem to indicate that this is the case? Or is everyone reading this just as confused as I am about what is going on?
Thanks in advance,
Bruce

Mithrandir
Re: Uninstalling modules - removing uninstalled modules

Very confused.

The "weird characters" are sometimes due to GZIP being enabled in general settings, but not supported properly.

To uninstall a module, you first need to un-check the "active" checkbox and submit that, thus deactivating the module - THEN you can uninstall it with a new icon from modules administration.

Login

Who's Online

142 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 142

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits