Rheas
No Blocks to edit in Block Administrator
  • 2004/7/5 23:15

• Rheas

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/21

No Blocks in Blocks Administration Page

I have an odd problem, I have no Blocks to Administer in Blocks Administration.

I am running MySQL 4.0.2d, PHP 4.3.7 and XOOPS 2.07 (downloaded on July5 2004 from SF)

Using W2K Adv Server and IIS 5.+
globals = on
debug = PHP

Install went seamlessly (after getting the latest 2.0.7)
But could only see the top banner when accessing the site, so did the url/user,php and url/admin.php thing to find the sys admin page.

Confirmed preferences & confirmed db access by changing slogan, turning off banners, creating a user, etc.
The I added a FAQ module, to ensure includes were working, and I can see that.

Tried changing Group settings to ensure content, but no joy there,and I don't seem to have any anonymous user to test anonymous group
So I tried editing Blocks, but couldn't see any where the list should be, and clicking submit in the Blocks Admin page produces the error:

Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: bid in file E:\chinacreek\modules\system\admin\blocksadmin\main.php line 121
Warning [PHP]: array_keys(): The first argument should be an array in file E:\chinacreek\modules\system\admin\blocksadmin\main.php line 121
Warning [PHP]: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in file E:\chinacreek\modules\system\admin\blocksadmin\main.php line 121

but there is nothing obviously wrong with that main.php file.

I'm pretty sure I have all my permissions right; but to test I exaggerated and:
I gave IIS script and execute,
MySQL setup with root & no pwd,
I gave IUSR full access to mysql\data and php\sessiondata,
and gave IUSR full access to /cache, templates_c and /uploads, and readonly access to /mainfile.php

So now I have a banner and a FAQ module showing, but no way to add blocks.

Tried turning off services, uninstalling, wiping files, reinstalling, setting permissions, restarting several times. Just spinning in circles now. Any direction would be appreciated.

url is http://members.china-creek.com

tl
Re: No Blocks to edit in Block Administrator
  • 2004/7/6 0:23

• tl

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/6/23

What are you getting from MySQL/Block debug? It could be related MySQL permission problem with temp directory.

Rheas
Re: No Blocks to edit in Block Administrator
  • 2004/7/6 18:04

• Rheas

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/21

That was inspired.

MySQL was indeed trying to write a file to a non-existant directory under %temp%
So I created a directory that fit the error and, presto, I got the blocks back...

Many thanks.

I'm guessing I should have asked first, before repeating the installation 4 times. I'll know better next time.

Kudos.

Login

Who's Online

337 user(s) are online (82 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 337

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits