quartet4
Users cannot change password or avatar...why??
  • 2004/7/2 3:05

• quartet4

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/2 2

I just created a site using XOOPS because I wasn't satisfied with having just a normal and boring forum. It's been great so far, but recently I've had some users e-mail me that they can't register. So to help them out, I manually created accounts for them using the administrator control panel. But when they log in using the name and password I temporarily created for them they cannot change the password. Also, they can't change their avatars. It seems like they can't even change anything in their profile. The error they were getting also said "none." I'm a total newbie to xoops. Thanks in advance for anyone who's kind enough to help me figure out what's going on.

-quartet4

chapi
Re: Users cannot change password or avatar...why??
  • 2004/7/2 8:55

• chapi

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2002/1/22

Normally this is a problem when your users run a misconfigured firewall. Look here for more information please ..

https://xoops.org/modules/xoopsfaq/index.php?cat_id=13

Dave_L
  • 2004/7/2 10:57

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

Here's a tool I wrote that can help identify the problem: Browser Check.

quartet4
  • 2004/7/4 23:22

• quartet4

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/2 2

Thanks chapi and Dave_L for the help. I guess in the end it's a problem on the user's side. Also thanks for the Browser Check tool, it looks really helpful and I've already asked my users to try it out and report the results. I'll also point them to the link chapi gave me so they can reconfigure their firewall settings. Again, thanks a lot!!

Login

Who's Online

418 user(s) are online (147 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 418

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits