chatt
PHP Install under WIndows
  • 2004/7/2 3:40

• chatt

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/2 2

PHP Install under WIndows

What are the requirements for the PHP
installation?, e.g. would the InstallShield installation of PHP be acceptable, and if so what extensions are needed? This is based on the info at:
http://www.zend.com/manual/install.windows.php#install.windows.extensions

Thanks,
Peter.

Bassman
Re: PHP Install under WIndows
  • 2004/7/2 3:53

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

If you're wanting to set up a server at home, have a look at the XSAS server (link at left)

chatt
  • 2004/7/2 4:48

• chatt

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/2 2

Thanks for the tip!

I guess I'll have to un-install my current Apache. But then I might have problems if I don't configure the new one the same as the old -- I was using it with Oracle and servlets. On second thoughts, I probably shouldn't do this, woudln't the un-install lose my servlets?

Mustang
  • 2004/7/2 5:44

• Mustang

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/15

If you're going to install it as an Apache module, you'll have to download the zip distribution. IIRC the installer does not include -among other stuff- the various modules' binaries. My advice is do that, install it as a module. It's nicer.

From there is a simple matter of copying the module binaries to the appropiate location under the Apache directory and setting your httpd.conf.

PHP Extensions... I can't say exactly which ones will be needed for XOOPS, but I'd say I've had it run with almost no extensions loaded at all, at least a basic install. I usually set things up with domxml, gd2, mbstring, zip and little more, and probably those aren't needed. But depending on what you'll be doing, which XOOPS modules you want, you may add others like imap, pdf, ldap, mcrypt, oracle...

brash
  • 2004/7/2 5:54

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

If you have Windows is there any reason why you aren't using IIS?

Login

Who's Online

255 user(s) are online (168 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 255

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits