chapi
Suddenly french entries in xtremguestbook
  • 2004/7/1 20:53

• chapi

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2002/1/22

I have a site running the xtremguestbook module. In this module I got a few french entries the last days. All come from the same IP and put a link to a downloads site. A german user does have the same problems at the moment.

Anybody else who uses this module and has recognized the same problems the last days?

Can this be a script which searches XOOPS sites with this guestbook module and places entries?

I'm really confused and angry!

SirTanksAlot
Re: Suddenly french entries in xtremguestbook

I've seen the same thing.. (I haven't had time to track it even as far as comparing the IP addresses.) It feels like a script or something looking to exploit the module. They have been coming in at a slow enough rate that I've been able to delete them by hand.. But it needs to be looked at more deeply.

chapi
  • 2004/7/2 8:26

• chapi

• Theme Designer

Ok it seems that these are planned attacks. One thing you can do to prevent this entries is to remember the IP of the entries, as its always the same. Then go to

Administration > System Admin > Preferences

and add this IP to the list, which IP's can't visit your site. After this, there should be no more entries from this IP.

Raurfang
  • 2004/8/4 10:50

• Raurfang

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/15

Hi

I'm running a site with xtremguestbook and the gbook has been a subject to these 'attacks' for about 2 months. Usually there are only few sign-in's per week, but from different IP's so IP-bans won't help. They have something in common though - user-agent string in request headers. In June it was:
php/perl software solutions companyhttp://www.php-soft.com 2003-2004

and in July it has changed to:
Massillia

I think that checking the user-agent string or http_referer var could be a way to put stop to this spamming.
Or maybe use a different gbook module?

bassyard
  • 2004/8/5 9:35

• bassyard

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/10/5

Same problem... can I switch to another guestbook without loosing my entries, because i have a site with XF Guestbook v 2.1 and another with Narga's Guestbook 1.2
Both without this problem, I started using xtremguestbook before I had those other sites, but I want to switch to XF Guestbook, because some very handy features

chapi
  • 2004/8/5 12:27

• chapi

• Theme Designer

Mh, so it seems it depends on the folder name of the module? Will have to check this ..

theCat
  • 2004/8/5 12:36

• theCat

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/2 2

I know a little XF Guestbook .
It's very easy to switch from xtremguestbook to XF Guestbook, while the tables are almost similar; the differences are:

xtremguestbook_id -> xfguestbook_id
and 2 additionnals fields :
gender char(1)
country char(2)

For Nargua's Guestbook, I don't know

bassyard
  • 2004/8/5 15:12

• bassyard

• Not too shy to talk

I installed XFguestbook, duplicated xoops_xtremguestbook to xoops_xfguestbook, changed xtremguestbook_id -> xfguestbook_id, updated XFguestbook... And all my post are visible... nice!!!
except for one tiny little detail, I can't edit the entries (deleting works fine) and no new posts can be made

ERROR Could not update message in the database!

PHP error:
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant _MI_XFGB_NAME assumed '_MI_XFGB_NAME' in file modules/xfguestbook/xoops_version.php line 28
Notice 
[PHP]: Use of undefined constant _MI_XFGB_DESC assumed '_MI_XFGB_DESC' in file modules/xfguestbook/xoops_version.php line 30
Notice 
[PHP]: Use of undefined constant _MI_XFGB_BNAME1 assumed '_MI_XFGB_BNAME1' in file modules/xfguestbook/xoops_version.php line 113

I'm not a coder, is there somebody who can help me with it?

theCat
  • 2004/8/5 15:52

• theCat

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/2 2

Quote:
I can't edit the entries (deleting works fine) and no new posts can be made

If you are in 2.06 you must upgrade in 2.07 or copy the fix(into zip) kernel/object.php in the right directory. It's a bug in 2.06 with the class xoopsObject.

Quote:
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant _MI_XFGB_NAME ...

Are you sure that file language/.../modinfo.php is uploaded ?

I hope you understand my bad english

bassyard
  • 2004/8/5 17:11

• bassyard

• Not too shy to talk

Quote:
Are you sure that file language/.../modinfo.php is uploaded ?

Yes, and uploaded it again, still no luck...

Quote:
If you are in 2.06 you must upgrade in 2.07 or copy the fix(into zip) kernel/object.php in the right directory. It's a bug in 2.06 with the class xoopsObject.

Jups, updated to 2.0.7 but the problem remains.
This is what it says when I add a post:

Errors
None

If the page does not automatically reloadplease click here

This is with php debug on (on the edit page itself):
Warning [PHP]: array_push(): First argument should be an array in file class/module.textsanitizer.php line 113
Warning 
[PHP]: array_push(): First argument should be an array in file class/module.textsanitizer.php line 113
Warning 
[PHP]: array_push(): First argument should be an array in file class/module.textsanitizer.php line 113
Warning 
Warning 
Warning 
Warning 
Warning 
Warning 
Warning 
Warning 
Warning 
Warning 
Warning 
Warning 
Warning 
Warning 

Quote:
I hope you understand my bad english

are you nuts?? your english is very good!!... but then again, my native language is Dutch so maybe my English isn't that good either hmmm whatever
Just kiddin' I understand everything your saying, so thx so far mr Cat

Login

Who's Online

186 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 186

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits