Mainstriker
Blocks should show up not only on top page!
  • 2004/6/30 19:27

• Mainstriker

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/30

Hi everyone, maybe this is posted earlier here but I didnt find it. So my question is:

I added the poll module. Then I gave the anonymous user group the right to access this poll. I also could see this "poll block" in the blocks menu. But if someone clicks on the poll itself then the poll opens in the main frame and the poll on the side is removed. I wanted the poll to stay there, not only on top page. So I went back to the blocks configuration, but when i chose something else except "top page" the poll block doesnt show up anymore (in the admin area) and I cant give him the order to stay everytime on the side even the user clicks on another categorie.

Bye Mainstriker

Dave_L
Re: Blocks should show up not only on top page!
  • 2004/6/30 21:03

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

Mainstriker
  • 2004/7/1 13:42

• Mainstriker

• Just popping in

ehm no! sry ... I know how to set the rights for the blocks for the special user group. But my problem is within the blocks area. I gave everygroup (that i wanted to have the acces right) the rights in the group admin area. Everythinbg works fine. But when ill go to blocks admin area. You can choose (in Show blocks visibel in:) between "top page" and all the modules you have installed. On top page i can see the poll block in the list below. When i choose for example the poll module in the Show blocks visibel in, then i only have the standard blocks and cant work with the poll block. I just want that the block shows up on every module loaded on the right side.

Bye Mainstriker

Mithrandir

The "Show Blocks visible in" is only a filter - it doesn't change any settings.

To change the blocks visible pages, you will have to click on "edit" for that particular block.

Mainstriker
  • 2004/7/1 15:38

• Mainstriker

• Just popping in

hehe ... yeah i know its just a filter but ... ah nevermind. Maybe I should not describe the problem, maybe I should describe what I want

Ok I want:
I made a poll. This poll shows up on the right side of the "top page", the page which you'll see when you enter my site. But if I click on a menu button in the main menu (so I enter a specific module site) the right side with the poll disappears. The room is taken by the content of the module for example a forum. I want that the poll is there everytime. For anonymous and registered. Everytime for everyone! I've seen this on another page. But I cant help me out anymore

Bye Mainstriker

P.S.:Thanks for the fast replies

Dave_L
  • 2004/7/1 17:15

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

What about selecting "All Pages", instead of "Top Page"?

Mainstriker
  • 2004/7/1 18:35

• Mainstriker

• Just popping in

huh? there is no "all pages" ... thats strange ...

My settings: Fully new installed Xoops. Newest Version.
2 Modules: News and Poll
Theme Dana7 Round.

***EDIT*** OK I FOUND IT ... Thanks to you guys

Dave_L
  • 2004/7/1 18:41

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

If you Edit a block from the Control Panel >> Blocks Administration page, you get to the Edit a block page. On that page, there is a menu Visible in, with selectable items Top Page, All Pages, and each module.

----
Edit

Mainstriker
  • 2004/7/1 21:56

• Mainstriker

• Just popping in

yeah thats definetely what i found out thanks for your help again

Bye Mainstriker

Login

Who's Online

560 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 560

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits