GEOPIX
Xoops and image galleries
  • 2004/7/1 12:10

• GEOPIX

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/1 1

Is there a XOOPS module for managing image galleries for portfolio and/or e-commerce (publication licensing/fine art print sales)

I am a pro photographer, and would like to post images to gallery pages. An initial splash page for this section of a Web site would need to display thumbnail icons for various categories (such as portraits, travel, photojournalism, projects, QuickTime VR (flat panoramas and the movies files), and perhaps recent and favorites, etc.

Clicking on each section link would then reveal thumbnails of the images in each section. In a portfolio, each gallery category might be limited to 10 or 20 photographs; for publication licensing/fine art sales, each gallery might be much larger. This catagory page would have two visible viewing options (slide show or click-to-enlarge each image).

The slide show, or clicking on a thumbnail would show an enlarged view of the image (about 300 pixels-wide for verticals, perhaps 500 pixels-wide for horizontals). Photoshop captions, and perhaps some camera data might need to be shown. If I added e-commerce, licensing and price information for publication or print sales would need to be added. It is possible that the portfolio pages might not need to display the licensing info.

Is this sort of use possible with a Web app like Xoops? I assume a custom module might have to be built.

grijalva
Re: Xoops and image galleries
  • 2004/7/1 15:30

• grijalva

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/6 5

hhttps://xoops.org/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=24&orderby=hitsD

at the bottom of that page you should find your answer
I'm pretty that is the closet thing that you can get, to what you want.

tjnemez
Re: Xoops and image galleries
  • 2004/7/1 18:07

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/9/21

please follow this link to the new support site for this gallery: http://www.peak.ne.jp/xoops/

edit: you will find the latest version here which is 2.80

Login

Who's Online

312 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 312

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits