Note: Its NOT FREE.

Regards

tl
Re: Yellow Pages module out now..
  • 2004/6/27 23:39

• tl

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/6/23

How much are you charging for the module [edit: sorry just saw your pricing]? Why should people use yours while xdirectory is free? What makes Yellow Pages so different?

To convince people, you will have provide answers to the questions and maybe more questions to come.

paglasoft
  • 2004/6/28 0:07

• paglasoft

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/27

Thank you for your comment.
I dont know much about xdirectory .So i cant compare my module with xdirectory.

I did this module for phpnuke about two years ago . People have asked me to similiar module for xoops. I did some funnctionalities last year but did not complete it , because I did not have enough time.

Now i have semester break and thought to finish it and I did.

so its people choice. My target to those people who have requested for it.

Regards

Anonymous
  • 2004/6/28 6:13

• Anonymous

• Since:

I do not see the outstanding improvement from Xdirectory to this module for you to actually put a FEE on it(IMO). There is nothing that jumps out and make me say "Yes, I see why there is a fee for this module".....

eq

tjnemez
  • 2004/6/28 12:16

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/9/21

the only difference that i see is template based, and anyone can edit a template. add a link or two with some icons. so, it an easy choice for me, $30.00 or free. hmmm?

i can help anyone who would like to edit templates of xdirectory for free.

tom
  • 2004/6/28 12:58

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/21

Would you be willing to edit the templates to make the module look more like www.yell.com

with the way results and listings are shown, also with a simlar top nave bar to the XOOPS module advertised here.

I've looked at the module listed here, and $30 is not much really, I do like the layout and the advanced search option for it, makes it look more like a yellow pages module.

Things I feel both lack are Ecommerce and the abillity to add dynamically what each premium listing can do.

Also the ability to restrict what groups can see what information.

tjnemez
  • 2004/6/28 13:44

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

hey tom,

i had a look at the yell.com and that would take a little doing inside xoops. as for the menu that is not too difficult. i do not have icons, but i will see what i can do.

Quote:
Things I feel both lack are Ecommerce and the abillity to add dynamically what each premium listing can do.

i agree with this, features like the above would distingush yellow pages from xdirectory and warrant a $30 tag. you may want to approach builderb. he may help you out with this.

tom
  • 2004/6/28 15:29

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/21

He is starting to add premium listings, so I presume he will go the rout of E-commerce eventually.

I currently use his for testing and will prob pay the $30 so I can compare.

I don;t think it would be that hard to mimic the yell design, I mean the little bit with the border, address|description|icons for web site, and other info, not the whole design itself, however I'm no pro

tjnemez
  • 2004/6/28 15:47

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

yes you are right, it is not hard to mimic the yell design, i was referring to some of the menu items that would likely involve a few more mods.

builderb
  • 2004/6/28 16:07

• builderb

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/8/4 2

I've implemented quite a few new features for xdirectory that haven't been released.

The version I'm using has:

-E-commerce (paypal only) for a monthly subscription or a one year subscription where you get one month free.
-Multiple categories
-Coupons
-Alphabetical Listings
-Premium Listings with start and expiration dates(premium listings can be defined for each category the listing appears in)
-Ratings now have comments
-e-Mail form
-Malls
-WiFi Hotspots
-modify listing is now restricted to the owner of the listing. (I plan to make two modify pages; one where anyone can submit changes and it is approved or not approved by the administrator and two where the owner can submit their changes in real time.)

This version will be released eventually for a fee. I haven't come up with a price yet but was thinking @ $99 - USD.

I welcome any comments.

-Builderb

Login

Who's Online

162 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 162

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits