Nordinho
Featured links on frontpage
  • 2004/6/28 15:04

• Nordinho

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/28

Good afternoon,

After a long cms search I finally found Xoops...and I'm really impressed by it!! I'm testing/trying out all the different modules now, but there's only 1 thing I want to implement in the site, but that I'm not able to do...and I don't know if it's possible to do, but maybe someone has an idea to help me!!

The idea is that users of my site can submit links. Users should only be able to submit links without pictures. The links should get rated by other users and if for example a link gets a great rating it should go to frontpage and become a featured story/headline. (I would then add a picture to the link). The link should still be voteable.

The frontpage should contain the best recent/featured links. And at the bottom of the page there should be a link to the archives/previous best links. I've been trying out the different article modules, but they don't seem to be able to do it...or am I missing one??

Hopefully someone can help me out!!

Greets Nordinho

tjnemez
Re: Featured links on frontpage
  • 2004/6/28 15:56

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/9/21

MyLinks module has a block which is displayed as popular. you could edit and call featured "whatever".

it may not have all features but with a little editing i think it could work.

Nordinho
  • 2004/6/29 14:16

• Nordinho

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/28

Thanks for the reply, I was thinking about using that one...but I just got another idea...if I could display the actual link in an article, I would have all the functions I want...so now I have to find the code that displays the actual link and an article system that allows php in it's posts...any ideas??

Greets Nordinho,

tjnemez
  • 2004/6/29 17:33

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/9/21

yes a good plan, have a look at soapbox as well.

Login

Who's Online

390 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 390

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits