wwang
Re: help in xoops error reporting
  • 2004/6/27 21:18

• wwang

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/21

Quote:

tl wrote:
php error reporting is controlled by php.ini file. XOOPS can not change that file. XOOPS merely changes the way the errors are reported when it is CALLED/RUN.

If your other site has no relationship with xoops, then XOOPS does not have anything to do with error reporting by the other site. You need to figure out why it is not reporting.

well, i do not want argue you on this issue. My server is configed different from the world. I am wrong, and XOOPS is so excellent. And even a stupid guy with 5 years php experience has such hard time with it, at same time this guy in charge 9 other php programmers. It is just good nothing else.

wwang
  • 2004/6/27 21:25

• wwang

• Just popping in

Quote:

Mithrandir wrote:
Quote:

wwang wrote:
I went to XOOPS source, there are few place code XOOPS change php error reporting to XOOPS error reporting style. [...] Also I would just recommand you look php error reporting related functions.

XOOPS uses error_reporting(), which is described in the manual as:
Quote:

The error_reporting() function sets the error_reporting directive at runtime. PHP has many levels of errors, using this function sets that level for the duration (runtime) of your script

I will say test it before you argue your point. The easiest way is make simple site real quick, see if you still insists your point. Also php works very good, so does it's menu, also hopes XOOPS does too

Mithrandir

Well if you can give us one reason why XOOPS should affect your other scripts (apart from the fact that you think it does) we are more than willing to investigate it.

I cannot see how it is possible, but there are things in PHP I don't know about and I am willing to learn. If you can suggest anything tangible, I'd be happy to check it out.

Nobody is calling you stupid, we just cannot see how it can be XOOPS' fault - and you are not giving us any arguments to make us change our minds.

Mithrandir

Quote:

wwang wrote:
I will say test it before you argue your point. The easiest way is make simple site real quick, see if you still insists your point. Also php works very good, so does it's menu, also hopes XOOPS does too

I turned off all debug on my test site http://xoops.web-udvikling.dk and added a php file with a parse error on http://xoops.web-udvikling.dk/test.php

I'm getting a parse error message, when accessing it.

wwang
  • 2004/6/27 21:52

• wwang

• Just popping in

Hi Guys,

I think I have to say I own XOOPS a apology on this issue. I was wrong. It's my php configuration issue. I don't know when, why my php error configuration has been turned off. I will look at server log within next few days. I was out of control when I cannot see parse errors. Sorry guys

Mithrandir

Apology accepted - it is not always easy to find out about these things and with a system as large as XOOPS it is easy to get the impression that it is the culprit.

XOOPS is not perfect and we have seen examples of pages messing up because of XOOPS, but usually that is when XOOPS pages is run.

Good luck with your site(s).

Login

Who's Online

433 user(s) are online (189 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 433

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits