RGMeta
Disappearing Blocks
  • 2004/6/23 0:22

• RGMeta

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/23

Hello, I have a question pertaining to Xoops2 (2.0.7). I have been having problems with my Blocks just disappearing when I travel to pages. I have them all set to be shown on All Pages. Sometimes when they don't show up and I refresh the page, they show up; sometimes they don't. Also, as a test, I tried refreshing some pages that showed up correctly and then they appeared incorrectly. I have looked over my theme.html and my .css and I have looked over all of the blocks' code and cannot find the problem. I was hoping someone here could help me with it. Information about my site is below:

Site URL:http://ravenguard.dyndns.org
HTTP Server: Apache 2
PHP Installation: 4.3.7
mySQL Installation: mySQL Standard 4.0.20c
Operating System: Windows XP SP1

If anyone could help me, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you for your time!

------
EDIT: On the left should be the User Menu, Main Menu, Online Users, and Donations. On the right should be Search, Team (Availabilities), Team (Teams), and Affiliates.
------

tjnemez
Re: Disappearing Blocks
  • 2004/6/23 0:31

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/9/21

how many modules do you have installed, i see news and donations. just curious how many blocks should display?

by the way your site looks good.

RGMeta
  • 2004/6/23 6:04

• RGMeta

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/23

It should look something like this:

Left Side, from the top: User Menu, Main Menu, Online Users, Donations

Right Side, from the top: Search, Team (Availabilities), Team (Teams), Affiliates/Partners

The center is the content, obviously. Sorry for not including this earlier.

Thanks for the compliment, also. ^_^

drummond
  • 2004/6/25 3:01

• drummond

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/19

I recently updated to XOOPS 2.0.7 and ALL of my blocks have just dissappeared. They seemed to be okay after the upgrade yesterday, but today...all gone! There are not any blocks listed in the admin section when click on "blocks" either.

Anyone have any idea what caused this? Is this a XOOPS problem or a problem with my host?

tl
  • 2004/6/25 3:42

• tl

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/6/23

Quote:

drummond wrote:
I recently updated to XOOPS 2.0.7 and ALL of my blocks have just dissappeared. They seemed to be okay after the upgrade yesterday, but today...all gone! There are not any blocks listed in the admin section when click on "blocks" either.

Anyone have any idea what caused this? Is this a XOOPS problem or a problem with my host?

Turn debug mysql/block debug on. What error messages are you getting?

drummond
  • 2004/6/25 18:51

• drummond

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/19

Hi, thanks for the response. This is really wierd. Today my blocks are showing up fine--same browser...I didn't even close it since last time. I contacted my host and he said the database checked okay. Perhaps this is a bug in XOOPS 2.0.7? I am not ssure what you mean by "Turn debug mysql/block debug on." If you could step me through it I would be glad to try it.

Thanks again!

tl
  • 2004/6/25 19:20

• tl

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/6/23

If you have any problems, you could turn MySQL/Block (or other) debug on, XOOPS will indicate the problems are

You can turn it on
System Admin->Preferences->General Setting
locate Debug mode and select MySQL/Block

If you are using Mozilla/FireFox, make sure that popup messages are allowed.

Login

Who's Online

99 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 99

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits