brucewhealto
Blog questions clarriffications.

A few things come to mind that are a bit unclear here. First question is with regard to the News Module, is that XOOPS closest thing to a blog? It does appear to be a blog of sorts.
Second, if so, I can set it up so that any registered member can submit entirely new stories for placement on the site, correct? where I'd specify how much control I wanted over the posting of ongoing discussion in such a story? The goal is this and maybe there is a third party plug-in to meet this need... I'd like to allow multiple blogs/stories to be posted by registered users and allow these to be ongoing or followed by one article after another daily or intermittently. So, for example say I was about to run for president and wanted a blog for that campaign, similr to John Kerry for President's blog. Then maybe I have registered user john smith who wants a blog for his reporting on poverty in his community. In each case I or a blogger may or may not want to allow comments or contributors to the blog.
Am I on the right track here? Is the News Module something that can serve as a blog? Is there a better one out htere that is a third party option that would be worth considering? I'm sure there must be a way to do this and the News Module seems to be of the form of a blog. That's what I want, multiple blogs, each based on different topics, and control by me or a registered user as to whether others can contribute or not to the blog.
I'm anxious to get feedback on this as I'd like to get a good feel for this concept or News and how it is intended to be used. I distinguish this from the Headlines module which actually can have newsfeeds that are blogs.
Thanks in advance,
Bruce

Login

Who's Online

167 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 167

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits