Kholnuu
News Blocks in Top Page for Anonymous Users
  • 2004/6/19 4:12

• Kholnuu

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/19

I've been ripping my hair out trying to configure the top page for anonymous users. I can't seem to get any of the news blocks (top news, recent news, etc) to show up; also, any custom block I create for the anonymous user gets magically transferred to registered user, it won't stay on the anonymous side!

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Kholnuu

patryan
Re: News Blocks in Top Page for Anonymous Users
  • 2004/6/22 14:58

• patryan

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/22

same thing is happening to me... can put a custom block (or any non-system block) on the top page. I make the block and it automatically makes it so I can only access it from the "registered users" page.

... but I've found the answer...

Re: Problems with viewing custom blocks
https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=20325&forum=20&post_id=87935

you need to give anonymous users access rights to those modules from the groups page...

Kholnuu
  • 2004/6/22 15:05

• Kholnuu

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/19

Took me a while to figure it out, and when I found the solution, nearly killed myself with stupidity.

Head to the admin panel, Edit Group. Edit the anonymous users group and check off the modules/blocks you want them to have access to.

patryan
  • 2004/6/22 15:13

• patryan

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/22

thanks... I went back and edited my post when I found it a few minutes later... I gave up, then with one more shot at futility I found the answer.

I'm learning it by poking around. Love the program... now that I found a host that can run it (not Godaddy!)

Login

Who's Online

481 user(s) are online (150 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 481

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits