otito
The URL rewrite mod
  • 2004/6/21 1:17

• otito

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/18

I installed the rewrite mod and it worked fine.
Just a suggestion..I t would have been great if somebody can make this script assign the url to the article's title for example. Instead of being article7.html let it be google-adwords-article.html

Xoopers are sexy

Hennessy
Re: The URL rewrite mod
  • 2004/6/21 10:34

• Hennessy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/28

I completely agree!

The url re-writing in some other (more bloated) CMS's, such as ezpublish, is nothing short of beautiful. Drupal isn't too bad either, although having 'node' in every url is a pain.

From a professional point of view, it is a little 'lacking' not being able to customise the navigation of a XOOPS site. I realise the difficulty of this task, especially with module integration etc.. But it is definately something that needs to be looked at, even if it cannot be implemented until version 3 or 4.

</end rant>

otito
  • 2004/6/21 11:01

• otito

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/18

Guess what? I found the desired module
check here

Hennessy
  • 2004/6/22 6:19

• Hennessy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/28

I have played with the Exploz hack, but to be honest I am not a fan of hacking core files unless it is an official patch.. (or at least in the CVS).

I am not looking for a 'module' for re-writing implementation, but just suggesting that the core developers have a look at somewhere (way) down the track integrating some kind of customisable URL writing (as I am sure they already have or are at least thinking about it).

It is better to code such a feature at a core level, and ensure that modules comply to IT rather than the opposite - having to code it so that it works with current modules unaware of such a function. I understand this is probably the main reason the core developers haven't (yet) implemented such a thing.

Login

Who's Online

253 user(s) are online (159 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 253

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits