asche
Modifying Group Rights -> all menus vanished including startpage ...
  • 2004/6/20 11:54

• asche

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/4/5 9

After editing access rights in "Groups Main »» Modify Group"
all menus including startpage vanished. If I enter "Groups Main" via url and want to modify again, the are no checkmarks in the checkbox. Whenever I enter them again and want to see them, checkboxes are unchecked.

Only left is login and search (is in a seperate, special menu). After login and search, I cant open the results of search -> including startpage. I suppose, I removed access rights (I didnot look into the dbtables yet.

Anybody has a hint?

asche
Re: Modifying Group Rights -> all menus vanished including startpage ...
  • 2004/6/20 23:57

• asche

• Not too shy to talk

After droping xoops_group_permission and recreating with older backup everything is fine again.

But I still have a problem:
If I requery - after having modified a block-access-right - all checkboxes are unmarked again and the number of rows in xoops_group_permission has diminished. I cant believe, that modifying group-permission is eating up access rights and existing values are not displayed?

So how can I open page for block accesshttp://funkpause.org/modules/system/admin.php?fct=groups&op=modify&g_id=2 with values for group_permission being displayed even after modifying one of the values.

I'll be back to write more about this story!

asche
  • 2004/6/26 12:00

• asche

• Not too shy to talk

Problems in synchronizing localversion and webversion!!!!!!!

I still have the problem, that when I add permissions in the group admin, those permissions are deleted from table xoops_group_permission instead of added. I am not sure if any update action removes all the permissions for this group (if I refresh after an update, all checkboxes in are empty -> so access permissions are deleted because of update).

Really weird thing is, it only happens in the web-version. On my local site, everything is allright. Following I replaced whole web-db with local-db and error continues. So cause of mysterious behaviour ist he files or some configuration thing (web/local).

Yes, I do get an error in the web and local:
Undefined variable: userids in file E:\TSW\Apache2\htdocs\funkpause2\modules\system\admin\groups\groups.php line 137
proups.php seems to be allright and is identical in web and local.

So I really wonder about the cause of this mysterious behaviour, maybe somebody can help?

asche

PS:
Maybe this problem is related to "Can't delete users in webmaster group!", which occurs in my web-version as well, and surprisingly is no problem locally:
https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=16454&forum=7&post_id=69266#forumpost69266
Just a guess: Only users who are member of webmaster or similar admin (modulemaster?) group can not be removed from group, if they are not activated?

PPS:
Just another example of problem with synchronization: user registration with activation by user himself with email works in webversion, but not locally.

tl
  • 2004/6/26 14:29

• tl

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/6/23

This is a known 2.0.6 bug - whenever you edit webmasters' group, all the admin right will be unchecked. The bug is fixed in 2.0.7.

No idea why it worked on you local copy.

asche
  • 2004/6/28 23:12

• asche

• Not too shy to talk

Either I did not have the mentioned bug before, or the bug did not vanish after installing 2.0.7. If I add block access rights in system admin/groups/Modify Group, the number of records in table xoops_group_permission gets smaller. After logging in, there are no blocks anymore and no menue. At the same time the value in column Overhead is increasing.

I understood, that the bug always causes problems with deleting users from admin-groups. I had this problem to. But my major problem is the disability to control the permissions/block access groupwise.

How do I control block access in Modify Group, without loosing all group permissions after an update?

Does anybody has some hints?

asche
  • 2004/7/20 22:11

• asche

• Not too shy to talk

Sorry, I messes around with the database, so id of registered user-group pointed to a newly created user-group and everything got mixed up (newly registered users were put in this new group by default instead of group for "registered-users").

Now it works fine again, thanks.

Login

Who's Online

175 user(s) are online (143 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 175

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits