happyponcho
Writable but not writable....mainfile.php
  • 2004/6/11 20:47

• happyponcho

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/11

I just started the installation process and everything went well until the Saving configuration data.. step. I always get this message:

Saving configuration data..
Could not write into mainfile.php. Please check the file permission and try again.

The step before did say that my mainfile.php was writable and all other things were good too but for some reason, i get stuck on the next step on Saving configuration data.. I went into my FTP and verified that the permissions were set on 777 and it's writable by everyone. Please help!

Thanks

batdevis
Re: Writable but not writable....mainfile.php
  • 2004/6/18 8:55

• batdevis

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/8/16

Quote:

happyponcho wrote:
I just started the installation process and everything went well until the Saving configuration data.. step. I always get this message:

Saving configuration data..
Could not write into mainfile.php. Please check the file permission and try again.

The step before did say that my mainfile.php was writable and all other things were good too but for some reason, i get stuck on the next step on Saving configuration data..

I have the same problem, in a windows installation with IIS, XOOPS 2.0.7.
I know linux is the best...

aloha

Devis_

Chappy
  • 2004/6/18 9:02

• Chappy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/12/14

I can only say that from my experience, when I use some FTP clients, they indicate that the file is writable, when it is indeed not. I have come to the place where I almost always use my web site control panel to verify and change my permission settings. Others will prob. have a better idea, though...

batdevis
  • 2004/6/18 9:32

• batdevis

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/8/16

I haven't a site control panel. And with a windows server you can't chmod files via ftp.

Login

Who's Online

128 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 128

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits