efarmboy
Error on Clean Install - Not a valid Directory resource
  • 2002/6/30 18:34

• efarmboy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/6/17

Hi, I have RC3_01 installed and have no problems. Decided to install RC3_03 from a clean install and I can't get install.php to start

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /var/www/data/xoops_v1_rc3_0_3/html/class/xoopslists.php on line 46

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /var/www/data/xoops_v1_rc3_0_3/html/class/xoopslists.php on line 53

Searched online but don't see anything - anyone have an idea?

Thanks,
Blaine

hardhead
Re: Error on Clean Install - Not a valid Directory resource
  • 2002/6/30 19:49

• hardhead

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/6/30

I had the same problem. I commented out line #44 $dirname = str_replace(".", "", $dirname); in xoopslists.php. It appears this line removes the "." from the relative path of ./install/language/ to the invalid path of /install/language/. I am not sure what the purpose of removing the period is this instance.

After that the install worked fine. But now I am having a problem where I only get blank pages when I try to load index.php.

analogduck
This thread should be made sticky...
  • 2002/7/1 19:40

• analogduck

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/6/5 7

This thread should be made sticky, and the fix should be rolled into a patch.

I was also having the same issue. The script assumes that you are installing XOOPS in the root directory of your server, which may be the common instance, but it is a damn big assumption.

Having that dot in the path is important. I have 4 portals (2 XOOPS and 2 PHP-Nukes) and 1 YaBBSE forum I run on my server, each in their own sub-directory tied to their own sub-domain names. If each one of those were to insist on being in the root directory for install or operation, life would not be fun for me.

Login

Who's Online

177 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 177

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits