neophit
Seeking module creation assistance
  • 2004/6/16 2:32

• neophit

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/23

I am looking for an existing module or help creating one that can handle a structure like this:

Subject Area: Created by admin
- Level1: Created by user
-- Level2: Created by user
--- Items: Created by user

The subjects are to be created by the admin. From there users with permission can create Level1 objects. These are only for categorization. Below Level1 are Level2 items which act as containers for the items them selves. There are currently four types of items two of which are files, one link, and one plain text. The item types should be created by the admin.

Here comes a hard part.

Each group will have a teacher and students. The teachers will be allowed to create content. But they should not be able to modify each others content unless set permission allows it (admin). But all members should be able to view all content. However, each group should view their teacher’s content by default.

They should be able to select one subject or be assigned a subject by the admin (which ever is easier). Level1 and Level2 categories should be easy to create. Multiple items should be uploaded or added (dependant on type) to Level2 categories.

I know this may be very confusing, but that is why I am seeking help. If you know of something similar to this or if you can help me, I'd greatly appreciate it.

neophit
Re: Seeking module creation assistance
  • 2004/6/16 20:54

• neophit

• Just popping in

Does anyone have an idea of how I might approach developing this?

neophit
  • 2004/6/17 17:46

• neophit

• Just popping in

[Edited] Removed post.

Mithrandir

depends on the actual content, how you are going to structure this - but with XoopsTopic and XoopsGroupPerm you have two good tools for group permissions and a hierarchical structure.

I'm afraid I don't have time for helping you much with this

neophit
  • 2004/6/18 4:33

• neophit

• Just popping in

Thank for the reply. Actual contect will be word docs, pdf files, text, links. As far as structure, I described all that in my first post. If more info is needed, ask a question and I'll do my best to answer it.

Login

Who's Online

816 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 816

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits