foremind
Looking for ideas
  • 2004/6/16 15:57

• foremind

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/16

Sorry this is not a new site review request...

Instead I am new to XOOPS and am looking for ideas (i.e. sample sites) on how to make XOOPS less "block-like" (a block here, a block there).

I have browsed thru many of the user sites mentioned here and it seems (to me anyways) that while most of them are beautiful they still appear very much like other traditional CMS sites (i.e. postnuke-like).

Any inspiration on how to get rid of the blocks (in appearance if not in substance)?

Many thanks.

Andrew

carnuke
Re: Looking for ideas
  • 2004/6/16 17:08

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Hello Andrew and welcome to XOOPS forums I know what you mean ... there is a standard CMS look, top panel, centre content beneath and 2 side menu columns. Well have a look herehttp://dcdezines.ca/ Its only one link, but this guy has some great ideas about design and is very skilled with css.

Good luck with your development!

Richard

builderb
  • 2004/6/16 17:30

• builderb

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/8/4 2

I think it's fair to say that if you can dream it, XOOPS can fit it.

with that in mind...HTML is very linear (left to right, top to bottom) The only way to get away from that is by using graphics/images to create the illusion of non-conforming lines but doing so will limit your ability to take advantage of some of XOOPS dynamic features. example: navigation.

Other than that, you can tell XOOPS to place the blocks whereever you want them. You can also change the blocks themselves to fit your design. It may take a little more work but it is possible.

if you provide a sample link of what you are trying to accomplish XOOPS can do it. Unless of course you want a different look and feel on every page of your site which isn't very user friendly anyway.

There are plenty of folks here in the forums that can help you create a theme(for a fee) based on your vision of a "perfect website design".

Hope this helps,

-Builderb

tjnemez
  • 2004/6/16 17:54

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/9/21

well i was going to weigh in on this one, but richard beat me to it

if i can answer any questions, i will.

@richard: thanks richard

Login

Who's Online

252 user(s) are online (160 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 252

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits