zer0fill
Giving individual users permission to a module's category. Is there builtin like group permissions?
  • 2004/6/12 18:27

• zer0fill

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/12/2

In the process of building a new module (xJokes) I was wondering if there was a built-in function/api/class that can give individual users access to a module's category much like the existing abilibity used with group permissions. Is there any way to do this or would I have to create a linker table with different types of permissions (eg: bb_forum_access)?

For example, in the jokes module, there will be groups for voting, submitting, and authorizing jokes. I'd like to do the same for users using a built-in method XOOPS already has, if any.

Mithrandir
Re: Giving individual users permission to a module's category. Is there builtin like group permissio

Nothing prevents you from supplying a user id instead of a groupid for group permissions - as long as you don't mix userids and groupids in the same groupperm name/category and remember to supply a user id when you check the rights for this category.

intel352
Re: Giving individual users permission to a module's category. Is there builtin like group permissio
  • 2004/6/12 22:14

• intel352

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/11/23

lol mith, read your response and now i'm confused

zer0fill
  • 2004/6/12 23:21

• zer0fill

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/12/2

so you're saying, to set specific user permissions, the group_permissions table would be set like:

gperm_groupid = uid
gperm_itemid = topic_id
gperm_modid = mid
gperm_name = xjokes_cat_user

and normal groups are set as

gperm_groupid = gid
gperm_itemid = topic_id
gperm_modid = mid
gperm_name = xjokes_cat_group

Login

Who's Online

242 user(s) are online (190 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 242

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits