Anonymous
Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 2004/6/12 20:53

• Anonymous

• Since:

Okay, I was told I was able to put another XOOP site on my domain, I put it in a subdomain. Well now.....

this is what I get when I type in my url
---
This page cannot be displayed due to an internal error.

If you are the administrator of this site, please visit the XOOPS Troubleshooting Page for assistance.

Error [Xoops]: Unable to connect to database in file class/database/databasefactory.php line 34
---

HELP someone...what happened? and How Can I remedy this and get my site back running...

eq

Anonymous
Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 2004/6/12 21:05

• Anonymous

• Since:

I just deleted the Database of the other subdomain I added, and nothing happened....

tl
  • 2004/6/12 21:08

• tl

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/6/23

More information please. We don't know how you installed your XOOPS into the subdomain.

Quote:
Error [Xoops]: Unable to connect to database in file class/database/databasefactory.php line 34

It is likely your mainsite's mainfile had been replaced by the new one. So you can modify the mainfile.php to get your back. Without any details from you, I can't really tell.

Anonymous
  • 2004/6/12 21:10

• Anonymous

• Since:

OK I deleted my subdomain also just now, so that is the database for that subdomain, and the subdomain itself deleted, BUT, it is still not the remedy!...what do I need to supply you with to help with this problem, I appreciate it!

eq

tl
  • 2004/6/12 21:17

• tl

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/6/23

As I mentioned, how you installed XOOPS into the subdomain would had impact on how the mainfile written to your site.

Did you take a look at your mainfile.php file and check if the settings match your mainsite?

The obvious ones would be the physical path, virtual path and database name/user/password. If they don't match, use the correct settings.

Anonymous
  • 2004/6/12 21:26

• Anonymous

• Since:

The only thing I saw off was the Password, I just changed it to the current one I am using,.....GUESS WHAT IT WORKED!!...I wondered how that happened, I been changed the password.....that is too weird....
THANK YOU.....

Everyday I learn more and more about xoops...

appreciate that

eq

Login

Who's Online

436 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 436

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits