Xtracted
Problems logging in (Updated: Problems with loading the startpage)
  • 2004/6/10 15:12

• Xtracted

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/1/7 2

I have a problem on one of my XOOPS sites, when I try to login, I get the "please wait... if the page doesnt load, klick here" page.. then nothing happens.. I try to klick the link and nothing happens.. Its been like this for a while and I've tried from many different connection but it doesnt work anywhere..

ozone
Re: Problems logging in
  • 2004/6/18 23:26

• ozone

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/11

I had a user with the same problem. I could log in using their info on my computer but when they log in from theirs, they just get redirected back to the login screen.

Fixed it by making sure the cookies were enabled on her cpu. Don't know if it will work for you but it's worth a try.

Ozone

Bender
  • 2004/6/18 23:31

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Quote:

Xtracted wrote:
I have a problem on one of my XOOPS sites, when I try to login, I get the "please wait... if the page doesnt load, klick here" page.. then nothing happens.. I try to klick the link and nothing happens.. Its been like this for a while and I've tried from many different connection but it doesnt work anywhere..

So the "please wait ..." page is shown forever or will it go to a blank screen?

Did you try turning debugging on? Any errors?

Bender
  • 2004/6/18 23:33

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Quote:

ozone wrote:
I have a user with the same problem. I can log in using their info on my computer but when they log in from theirs, they just get redirected back to the login screen. Would like to know whats wrong and how to fix it.
Ozone

From the description your problem sounds different. To me at least

This sounds more like a firewall problem if it only happens from some machines. Check here:

https://xoops.org/modules/xoopsfaq/index.php?cat_id=13#25

It´s about Norton Firewall but you may just adopt it for whichever is used by your user.

Xtracted
  • 2004/6/27 10:34

• Xtracted

• Not too shy to talk

New info about this..

I do not run northon antivirus, and I admin 5 different XOOPS sites myself and I only have problems with one of the sites.

The problem is:

Loading the "startpage" that you come to after loggin in takes AGES... I can browse all the parts of my page without any problems except the "home" section. If I click the "Home" button it takes several minutes before it get loaded, all other pages works like a charm. So when logging in I have to wait several minutes to get the startpage, then if I klick the "Home" button after I've logged in, I have to wait several minutes before it is loaded...

Its weird..

tjnemez
  • 2004/6/27 10:47

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/9/21

i have a similar issue, but can correct by not opening with content (module). if i open with a center block it works fine. i have not worked on this issue yet.

Xtracted
  • 2004/6/27 11:21

• Xtracted

• Not too shy to talk

I don't have a module as a startpage, just some different blocks showing on the top page.

tl
  • 2004/6/27 19:13

• tl

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/6/23

3 things would be helpful from you

1. what XOOPS version are you using
2. what is the URL defined in mainfile.php - www.bujinkan.cc or bujinkan.cc. If it is the later, set to www.bujinkan.cc
3. did you turn the debug on and what error message you are getting?

Also, it would be helpful to know if you have done any hack to the site.

Login

Who's Online

167 user(s) are online (132 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 167

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits