servers
Re: Searchservers.com Need A Review Please
  • 2004/6/6 18:44

• servers

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/14

Quote:

Artemis wrote:
I really like the tabbed navigation..the theme is really clean..Great Job!

thanks for the review
will be nice if u can register too
thats upto you though

JMorris
  • 2004/6/6 18:56

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

It is quite a nice theme. 7dana Web Design is the original author. You can download the theme (and many others) from the following link.

http://www.7dana.com/download/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=25

The navigation system that particular theme uses is Javascript. If you open the theme.html you can see the code and all it's glory. The code is clean and easy to edit.

However, if you're not much of a coder, you can create a DHTML drop down menu that can easily be pasted into your site athttp://www.ecirce.com/dhtml/webmenus/. You'll need IE 5.5 to run the editor, but the resulting menus are cross-browser compatible.

One note though, the positioning of your menus is handled with offsets. In other words distance from top and left (x,y coordinates). You'll need to experiment with the offsets a little when you setup the menu. Also, you'll need to use the virtual URL (htt://www.yoursite/modules/newbb) instead of referencing <{$xoops_url}> with a target of _top or _self. Other than that, it's a straight forward WYSIWYG menu wizard.

servers
  • 2004/6/6 19:16

• servers

• Just popping in

Thats true @ JMorris i gota change the path ,

also the thing is since i have redirected the index.htm file to www.searchservers.com/find its not been search engine friendly. So jus let me know will it be better if i create a index page or Enter page which leands to the www.searchservers.com/find directory and in index page i would hav all the links so it may be good for search engine, i jus need your opinion in that as well.

JMorris
  • 2004/6/6 19:41

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

If you want to make your site more search engine friendly., you could used the eXploZ XOOPS hack.

https://xoops.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=1469

A splash page with a well written introduction that has good keyword saturation is always helpful for good placement. If you know anything at all about html, you can put together a decent splash page in a matter of hours. Redirect pages will kill your ranking.

servers
  • 2004/6/7 2:04

• servers

• Just popping in

oh thanks ill get the html page up then , thats what has happened no where inh search but now i guess things will change and ill put up the html page as soon as possible
also have downloaded the hack

Login

Who's Online

232 user(s) are online (130 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 232

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits