servers
Searchservers.com Need A Review Please
  • 2004/6/6 5:31

• servers

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/14

Hi all XOOPS members, team n community i need a review for www.searchservers.com .
Though its not final version i need to make some changes.
Please recommend & suggest me for same.
Do post a reply

Also i want to know that can i make shift XOOPS content from www.searchservers.com/find (find directory) to index directory that is www.searchservers.com.

JMorris
Re: Searchservers.com Need Review
  • 2004/6/6 6:40

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

-> Download a backup of your database schema (SQL Dump)
-> Open it in a text editor
-> Do a find and replace
--> Find: www.searchservers.com/find/
--> Replace with: www.searchservers.com/
-> Save the schema (make sure it saves as a .sql file and not a .txt file)
-> Download mainfile.php, open it in a text editor and look for the following code:

// XOOPS Physical Path
    // Physical path to your main XOOPS directory WITHOUT trailing slash

define('XOOPS_ROOT_PATH''onlinehome/www/find');

// XOOPS Virtual Path (URL)
    // Virtual path to your main XOOPS directory WITHOUT trailing slash

define('XOOPS_URL''w*w.searchservers.com/find/');

Without the * between the two w's of course

-> Delete /find from the Physical path
-> Delete /find from the Virtual path
-> Save mainfile.php and reupload
-> Re-import the SQL schema into your database

That should take care of you. If not, check the threads, there's several posts about this subject.

BTW. Nice site.

servers
  • 2004/6/6 13:37

• servers

• Just popping in

Quote:

JMorris wrote:
-> Download a backup of your database schema (SQL Dump)
-> Open it in a text editor
-> Do a find and replace
--> Find: www.searchservers.com/find/
--> Replace with: www.searchservers.com/
-> Save the schema (make sure it saves as a .sql file and not a .txt file)
-> Download mainfile.php, open it in a text editor and look for the following code:

// XOOPS Physical Path
    // Physical path to your main XOOPS directory WITHOUT trailing slash

define('XOOPS_ROOT_PATH''onlinehome/www/find');

// XOOPS Virtual Path (URL)
    // Virtual path to your main XOOPS directory WITHOUT trailing slash

define('XOOPS_URL''w*w.searchservers.com/find/');

Without the * between the two w's of course

-> Delete /find from the Physical path
-> Delete /find from the Virtual path
-> Save mainfile.php and reupload
-> Re-import the SQL schema into your database

That should take care of you. If not, check the threads, there's several posts about this subject.

BTW. Nice site.

thanks for helping and also reviewing , i hope i get more reviews from members here

Mithrandir

Very nice theme.

I especially like the tabbed navigation. Perhaps you could get in touch with the people behind TabMod for an improved version? It is a very nice touch that the submenu links appear without having to select the tab first.

JohnCVermont

Ditto...I also like the theme as well. At first, I didn't think I would (typically do not like earth tones for a website) but it grew on me.

Tabbed Nav bar w/submenus...very nice... definitely something I will investigate for my sites...if and when I have the time.

Again...the default XOOPS FAQ module is adequate, but I think you may want to "tweak it up" in the future especially considering the technical business you are in. There is a new module, SmartFAQ, in beta/development that looks very promising which I am testing myself. (However, I do find myself wishing for an FAQ module between FAQ and SmartFAQ.) But you may want to keep an eye on SmartFAQ development.

Cheers & Best of Luck,

digital01
Re: Searchservers.com Need A Review Please
  • 2004/6/6 14:52

• digital01

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/3 1

I really like the whole layout of your site, very impressive. The only thing I would change is the color of the google ad at the top of the page so it fits with your site better. Nice job.

servers
  • 2004/6/6 15:23

• servers

• Just popping in

Quote:

Mithrandir wrote:
Very nice theme.

I especially like the tabbed navigation. Perhaps you could get in touch with the people behind TabMod for an improved version? It is a very nice touch that the submenu links appear without having to select the tab first.

thanks for appreciation , i would definately look forward to a improved version for TabMode it will suite the requirement for my website and probably will like to hav such a menu to avoid scrolls and larger vertical page layouts.
and thanks again for the review

servers
  • 2004/6/6 15:34

• servers

• Just popping in

Quote:

JohnCVermont wrote:
Ditto...I also like the theme as well. At first, I didn't think I would (typically do not like earth tones for a website) but it grew on me.

Tabbed Nav bar w/submenus...very nice... definitely something I will investigate for my sites...if and when I have the time.

Again...the default XOOPS FAQ module is adequate, but I think you may want to "tweak it up" in the future especially considering the technical business you are in. There is a new module, SmartFAQ, in beta/development that looks very promising which I am testing myself. (However, I do find myself wishing for an FAQ module between FAQ and SmartFAQ.) But you may want to keep an eye on SmartFAQ development.

Cheers & Best of Luck,

Thanks for liking the theme , i had selected the other one earlier then shifted to this, also i would keep theme option for colors as per users choice in coming days.

And surely i would like to update the FAQ versions as they come up, i hav just downloaded the beta of Smart Faq and i was thinking to create a Graphical interface where it becomes very easy for viewers to understand .
Like Screenshots and arrow marks pointing to registration process, adding weblinks, using forums, because new users need to be explained everything and it really becomes more simpler with graphics.

also update me if you are using the smart Faq , i will check up in your site additional
thanks

servers
  • 2004/6/6 18:32

• servers

• Just popping in

Quote:

digital01 wrote:
I really like the whole layout of your site, very impressive. The only thing I would change is the color of the google ad at the top of the page so it fits with your site better. Nice job.

hey thxs for your review..
and special thanks for registring with searchservers
ill change the banner color soon since i want to change the theme color as well.

Artemis
  • 2004/6/6 18:37

• Artemis

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/23

I really like the tabbed navigation..the theme is really clean..Great Job!

Login

Who's Online

178 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 178

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits