Beejay
Unable to connect to database in file class/ database/ databasefactory.php line 34
  • 2004/6/5 2:28

• Beejay

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/6/5 2

Hi,
This morning I was going to unistall wffaq and reinstall the oringinal faq module. First of all I was going into cpanel - phpmyadmin to delete the tables that wffaq created so I could install the original faq module as they both have the same tables (I think, correct me if im wrong.)

Instead of clicking phpmyadmin I accidently click on Manage MySQL database or whatever it is. It then refreshed and said that user "blahblah_xoop1" was deleted. I don't remember clicking delete though.

Now heres my problem. I come back to my sites homepage and see:

This page cannot be displayed due to an internal error.

If 
you are the administrator of this siteplease visit the XOOPS Troubleshooting Page for assistance.

Error [Xoops]: Unable to connect to database in file class/database/databasefactory.php line 34

I can't turn php debug on as I can't go to my admin area. I read through http://wiki.xoops.org/wakka.php?wakka=TroubleshootingBlankPage but I can't find anything about databasefactory.php. My webhosts been trying to find whats wrong but can't seem to find it.

Any ideas on what I should do?
Thanks In Advane

ajaxbr
Re: Unable to connect to database in file class/database/databasefactory.php line 34
  • 2004/6/5 2:34

• ajaxbr

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/10/25

That error usually comes from the database being down... or missing. However, you probably checked whether the whole thing is still there (it is, right?) so I'd bet that you deleted the user that your XOOPS identifies itself as. Or even removed its access rights to that particular DB.

If your database is still there, you can FTP and open your mainfile.php, then make sure there's a corresponding user with access rights to your XOOPS DB.

Beejay
Re: Unable to connect to database in file class/ database/ databasefactory.php line 34
  • 2004/6/5 2:51

• Beejay

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/6/5 2

Thank you so much. Worked like a charm

Login

Who's Online

896 user(s) are online (317 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 896

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits