zaydens
Notification config problems
  • 2004/6/2 14:03

• zaydens

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/5 1

I am trying to fine-tune the notifications for some of the modules. For that I created an additional category, named 'essential'. Just copied the xoops_version.php's category creation lines and bumped an index by one. Then I changed the 'new_file' event to be of category 'essential'. That never made it into the config table in the database, and that's where the notification is being pulled from.
Any ideas on how to possibly fix that? How are new categories proliferate to the cached and db config stores?
Attached is a xoops_version.php exerpt w/new cats.

$modversion['notification']['category'][4]['name'] = 'essential';
$modversion['notification']['category'][4]['title'] = 'Essential notifications';
$modversion['notification']['category'][4]['description'] = 'See user registration form for definition';
$modversion['notification']['category'][4]['subscribe_from'] = array('index.php','viewcat.php','singlefile.php');
$modversion['notification']['category'][4]['item_name'] = 'lid';
$modversion['notification']['category'][4]['allow_bookmark'] = 0;

$modversion['notification']['event'][5]['name'] = 'new_file';
$modversion['notification']['event'][5]['category'] = 'essential';
$modversion['notification']['event'][5]['title'] = _MI_MYDOWNLOADS_GLOBAL_NEWFILE_NOTIFY;
$modversion['notification']['event'][5]['caption'] = _MI_MYDOWNLOADS_GLOBAL_NEWFILE_NOTIFYCAP;
$modversion['notification']['event'][5]['description'] = _MI_MYDOWNLOADS_GLOBAL_NEWFILE_NOTIFYDSC;
$modversion['notification']['event'][5]['mail_template'] = 'global_newfile_notify';
$modversion['notification']['event'][5]['mail_subject'] = _MI_MYDOWNLOADS_GLOBAL_NEWFILE_NOTIFYSBJ;

Thanks,
Eugene

Dave_L
Re: Notification config problems
  • 2004/6/2 14:44

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

I don't remember if any notification information gets stored in the database except for notifications to which users are actually subscribed.

Did you update the modules whose xoops_version.php files you changed?

Also, the notification categories are referenced explicitly in the code, so those references would need to be modified if you change the category in xoops_version.php.

zaydens
Re: Notification config problems
  • 2004/6/2 14:51

• zaydens

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/5 1

Yes.
I actually figured out what the problem was. Duh!!!! Needed to update the categories in module general settings. You live -- you learn :)
Thanks for the prompt reply.

Eugene

Login

Who's Online

410 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 410

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits