pessi
about index.html
  • 2004/5/20 17:29

• pessi

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/16

hi

please visit venkionline.com there on the left you will find a link "birthday" if you click on that I want them to take to a file birthday.php which is located somewhere in the directories namely, venkionline.com/Ecards/Birthday/birthday.php

what i did is copied the index.php and just changed the header part to

include "/header.php" from include "header.php"
and the same thing for the main.php and footer.php.

and renames it birthday.php.

but it doesnt work.

Can someone tell me where i am going wrong?

cheers,
pessi..

pessi
Re: about index.html
  • 2004/5/21 18:22

• pessi

• Quite a regular

hi guys

sorry in my last post it is index.php instead of indey.html.

maybe i should rephrase my question.

how do i add my own php pages?

for eg. menu has "About Me" and i want to link it to
/Aboutme/aboutme.php

how do i do it?

cheers,
pessi..

pessi
  • 2004/5/21 21:32

• pessi

• Quite a regular

hi guys

After waiting for a long time I started digging and found the answer myself. For the benefit of others i would explain it here.

if you need a file test.php in the path say

dir1/dir2/test.php

copy the index.php into that directory and rename it test.php. then just change the link to the header.php in the php code as include "../../header.php" (Absolute path wouldnt work!).

and also to the main.php and footer.php and you are all set your new php file is ready in the required directory.

cheers,
pessi..

tl
  • 2004/5/22 0:19

• tl

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/6/23

pessi: sorry did not see your post. For your information, you may find this helpful.

XoopsStaticContent

JohnCVermont

Thank you that was a good link/tip. What would be an example of a"content module" ?

tl
  • 2004/5/24 19:04

• tl

• Friend of XOOPS

Quote:

2. Using a content module

A more common way is to use a content module to include your HTML pages into Xoops. There are a few modules out there which can handle HTML files. You can download the following modules at xoops.org in the Modules/Themes section.

- TinyContent
- CjayContent?
- FreeContent
- WF-Section
- Tutorials

For more information on these modules please read the included README files and search the xoops.org Forum!

Did you miss this?

JohnCVermont

Actually, Yes. I did miss that list. I do undertake "due diligence" before posting a question, however it is sometimes easy to miss things such as the above list. The Beginner's Forum has quite a bit of good information, but I have been having trouble sifting the forums with "search". If we couldn't only sift this forum for those big nuggets of wisdom for beginner & whack it into a centrally controlled FAQ, that would be good. Or did I miss the really good FAQ and/or How-To as well ?

I also got some nice wisdom/info from this thread :
https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=20254&forum=20#forumpost87668

Thank you for your posting and patience

Best Regards,

tl
  • 2004/5/24 20:19

• tl

• Friend of XOOPS

That was my thought. No nickpicking intended. It happens to everyone. The obvious solutions may be just under our nose and we don't even know it.

It would be great if XOOPS could add something very easy to read and refer user to WIKI. A centralized FAQ would be great.

Login

Who's Online

111 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 111

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits