Mithrandir
Thank you!

After finally getting my act together and setting up XOOPS as the front for my company instead of a bastard XOOPS "Lite" I made, I have found out just how much better it is and just what is possible with a (near-)standard XOOPS.

Marcan's multilanguage hack works nicely (since it is not as much a hack as it is XOOPS as it should be, I will certainly work on getting the core as ready for multilanguage as possible so it is just a matter of adding languages to the xoopsCodeDecode method)

Dyoo78's TabMod took a little modification, but is now a crucial part of my website

tuff's Liaise module was just what I was looking for in a contact page. Easy to use and only a few changes needed to make it multilanguage-compliant. Apart from a little too many unnecessary php notices this is a GREAT module. Bloody good work.

Along with a theme of HughG's I actually LIKE the look of my website, now.

So a big THANK YOU to all you guys, using the core to its maximum and you guys showing that XOOPS sites don't have to be boring 3-column blocky-style sites.

Keep up the great work

tjnemez
Re: Thank you!
  • 2004/5/20 13:22

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/9/21

hey Mithrandir,

i like the look of your site, very professional. and, i second your big Thank You for the excellent work put forward by fellow Xoopsers.

solidsnake
  • 2004/5/21 6:51

• solidsnake

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/16

Mithrandir,

I saw your website (http://www.web-udvikling.dk) and saw your "tabbed" sections -- i also wish to make this at my site. Can you teach me how you did it? (which module/theme to use?) Yahoo.com uses a similar tab design can this be done too?

secondly, is there a module which can show directories/subdirectories much like windows explorer?

thank you very much for your quick replies!

Mithrandir

The tabbed sections is TabMod which I modified just a bit in order to make it easier to include in a theme. The modification is available in TabMod Patches tracker

Basically it is a php file to be included in footer.php, a little code snippet to put in theme.html and a range of styles to put in style.css and then of course the TabMod module, which controls the links placement and hierarchy.

Do read the TabMod Usage Document on how to administrate the module.

Login

Who's Online

183 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 183

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits