isaacraja
i don't how to use xoops although i have used other CMSes sucessfully
  • 2004/5/18 17:45

• isaacraja

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/18

sir,

i have followed all the instruction u have given in the help and installed XOOPS succesfully in http://localhost/xoops/html/ and also created an admin. in the final installation screen when i click click here to your new website i see a page on the top XOOPs swf banner. on the MIDDLE nothing. on the bottom XOOPS COPyright message.on the left frame user login BOX and below that a block containing only one menu (HOME). i cannot see any other links to the modules. when i manually cahnge to admin.php it shows no rights. when i view the source i saw a comment line and below that there is nothing between that. but when i view the source of http://www.xoops.org i see somehting between these comments.(automatically generated by the server). i like XOOPS for its OOPs model and simple interface but don't know how to use it.please help me . i have also checked the modules directory.it contains all the basic modules. then why the left frame Main menu does not show up? i see only the heading MAIN menu below that nothing.

Mithrandir
Re: i don't how to use xoops although i have used other CMSes sucessfully

You need to put contents on the site by installing modules.

But you need to login with the username and password set in installation before going to the administration menu.

isaacraja
  • 2004/5/18 18:25

• isaacraja

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/18

sir i have logged in already but i didnot noticed the left frame menu previous time .but i noted it now .i thank you you very much for your quick reply.thank you for your support. is any module for chatting is available to download?

Mithrandir

Some chat modules are available - but none that I would recommend.

If you find a really good chat script, do post a download link and someone here may find the time and motivation to do a port of it to a XOOPS module.

Login

Who's Online

497 user(s) are online (51 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 497

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits