Mithrandir
Re: reinstall?

If the database is intact and you have modified the mainfile.php to the correct paths and database information then there is no need to do anything more regarding installation.

Preferably remove the install directory from your webserver

percy
  • 2004/5/7 15:11

• percy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/7 7

so, if I remove the install directory from my host server then will the site work? and actually show something on the main page www.brightonized.net/bh/html ?

Mithrandir

you mean it doesn't now? After you updated your mainfile.php with the correct information?

percy
  • 2004/5/9 15:41

• percy

• Just popping in

yeah, I updated the mainfile.php and it connects to the database but just shows blank screen?!

Mithrandir

percy
  • 2004/5/11 18:36

• percy

• Just popping in

thanks, I have access to Administration area and turned on PHP debugging, I now get the following message:

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: xoopsblock in C:\sh-www\brightonized.net\bh\html\header.php on line 89
Warning [PHP]: main(./class/xoopsblock.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in file C:\sh-www\brightonized.net\bh\html\header.php line 29
Warning [PHP]: main(): Failed opening './class/xoopsblock.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;.\inc;..;../;..\') in file C:\sh-www\brightonized.net\bh\html\header.php line 29

please help!

percy
  • 2004/5/12 17:01

• percy

• Just popping in

please please HELP!!!

robekras
  • 2004/5/12 18:00

• robekras

• Documentation Writer

• Since: 2002/12/10

Hi Percy,

as I see this is working:http://www.brightonized.net/bh/html/user.php

so it seems to be that the mainfile.php is correct.

If you want to be sure that no file is corrupt I would recommend my checker module.

The link for the module is here
and
the link for the needed XML files with the CRCs for XOOPS 2.0.6 is here

Mithrandir

Yep, mainfile.php must be correct, possibly a block on the front page is messing things up, so login using the user.php and then go to
http://www.brightonized.net/bh/html/admin.php and disable the blocks one by one to find the culprit (you should not have to disable the blocks, which are shown in user.php, since that page is working)

percy
  • 2004/5/13 7:43

• percy

• Just popping in

I have edited BLOCKS and disabled all blocks one by one and checked home page each time, no change??!

Login

Who's Online

178 user(s) are online (147 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 178

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits