Aianda
session object in and out of xoops
  • 2004/5/7 13:00

• Aianda

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/12

Hi there,

I have found it is impossible to call session variables from a XOOPS pages even though they were declared in another non-xoops pages from the same directory.

For example, any XOOPS pages will not be able to call this:

session_start();
$city = $_SESSION['cityname'] // as declared in non-xoops page

I have tried using the custom session name in XOOPS admin whilst also declaring this session name in the non-xoops page using session_name([string name]), but it doesn't help in the XOOPS page when calling the required variable as it was declared in the non-xoops page.

Furthermore, whatever I set in XOOPS session name, the output for session name is default: PHPSESSID. Similarly whatever is set in the non-xoops page, the session name still takes on the default: PHPSESSID.

An good example highlighting the discrepancy was when a very simple non-xoops page displayed 'Melbourne' whereas that same page file delivered from C-jay content module could not display 'Melbourne' because it was taken from a variable stored in the session object.

Questions:
1) What is the custom session variable in the XOOPS admin for?
2) How does one best declare session variables in XOOPS to be called in pages external to xoops?
3) Is there some setting change needed or problem on the server that could assist?
4) Are there any suggestions you have that would possibly be of assistance?

Thanks.

Login

Who's Online

127 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 127

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits