carnuke
Ultimate customisation method??
  • 2004/5/5 15:06

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

It must be possible to change BOTH the theme and a page with one mouse-click. If someone could fathom this technique it would give a huge boost to customisation, allowing specific modules to display in their own theme.

I had a try using the onclick method, but cant figure out the theme change as it uses method=post

Any ideas??

Thanks

Richard

chapi
Re: Ultimate customisation method??
  • 2004/5/5 15:24

• chapi

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2002/1/22

The right step in this direction would be to use a stylesheet for all your layout stuff. When you have done this, you can check which module is currently active and change the stylesheet according to your modules. This is already possible if you do a clean css layout like Michael did at www.studiocreativ.net

carnuke
  • 2004/5/5 16:39

• carnuke

• Home away from home

Thanks chapi for that link. Are you saying that a change of theme and module from one link is not possible? What about using onload to change a theme? I just need to know how to change themes with a hyperlink rather than the drop down.

Thanks Richard

Brad
  • 2004/5/5 16:52

• Brad

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/12/4

Quote:
carnuke wrote:
Thanks chapi for that link. Are you saying that a change of theme and module from one link is not possible? What about using onload to change a theme? I just need to know how to change themes with a hyperlink rather than the drop down.

Chapi is saying that it is possible. I now return you to your regularly scheduled conversation...

Mithrandir

Maybe $xoopsConfig['theme_set'] can be set in the beginning of the module files (before including root/header.php)

I haven't tried it myself, though

carnuke
  • 2004/5/5 17:48

• carnuke

• Home away from home

Brad, thanks for the comment. I understood chapi to be saying that a module can have it own style sheet call, but where I'm concerned this is NOT the same as a different theme layout. The style sheet is only one aspect of presentation. My interpretation, perhaps I'm wrong here.

Jan, thanks for that idea. It looks promising and I may give it a go

Richard

Login

Who's Online

228 user(s) are online (141 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 228

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits